1 (edited by phatax 2006-03-28 22:43)

Topic: New user registration => confirmation e-mail

Hi,

A few users have signed up when my server's e-mail/smtp was down.
How can I manually activate them...or re-send them a confirmation e-mail?

Thanks in advance!

Re: New user registration => confirmation e-mail

Users are activated the first time they log in. The problem here is that the user can't log in because he/she doesn't have a password. Just reset the user's password and e-mail it to him/her.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

They can also use the forgotten password feature to resend a password can't they?

Thanks Rickard, that did it!

Rickard wrote:

Users are activated the first time they log in. The problem here is that the user can't log in because he/she doesn't have a password. Just reset the user's password and e-mail it to him/her.

I used this trick for one of my users and it worked well, but I noticed in the database that the activate_string and activate_key values are still set.  Will this cause problems later?

markmark wrote:

I used this trick for one of my users and it worked well, but I noticed in the database that the activate_string and activate_key values are still set.  Will this cause problems later?

Nope.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."