Topic: Warez Concern!

Who do I report Warez to?
It is a punbb.org forum, do I report it to you guys or to the website hoster?

Re: Warez Concern!

The hoster, anyone can download and use PunBB: there is no way for Rickard to do anything if they then use that forum for something illegal (ie: sharing warez)

Absolutely nothing to do with PunBB. There is no control over who installs the forum or what they use it for.  If you want to take any action what you do is entirely your choice.

4 (edited by Kernavitch 2006-07-27 21:53)

So I just ping from cmd.exe right; to get the host?

Report any 'warez' you find on the Internet to the global, centralized Internet Authority that has power over every network on the Internet and every website.

And yes, of course the developer of punBB is personally responsibile for everything anyone does with the punBB forum, including all the content provided in any punBB forum world-wide, so immediately contact Rickard the developer and he will, I am sure, intervene to fix the problem asap on your say-so. Just tell him what you want done and he will do it.

And, sure, ping is a great tool to find out everything you need to know about a website, including domain name ownership and hosting arrangements. Just fire it up from within a command prompt and it will tell you everything you need to file a report of the problem to the Internet Authority.

Jeeze, sometimes I think people should be required to pass a 'Internet 101' course before they are allowed access to the Internet and, for example, to post to forums such as this.

6 (edited by elbekko 2006-07-27 22:41)

sirena wrote:

Report any 'warez' you find on the Internet to the global, centralized Internet Authority that has power over every network on the Internet and every website.

And yes, of course the developer of punBB is personally responsibile for everything anyone does with the punBB forum, including all the content provided in any punBB forum world-wide, so immediately contact Rickard the developer and he will, I am sure, intervene to fix the problem asap on your say-so. Just tell him what you want done and he will do it.

And, sure, ping is a great tool to find out everything you need to know about a website, including domain name ownership and hosting arrangements. Just fire it up from within a command prompt and it will tell you everything you need to file a report of the problem to the Internet Authority.

Jeeze, sometimes I think people should be required to pass a 'Internet 101' course before they are allowed access to the Internet and, for example, to post to forums such as this.

I agree on that one -.-

And to actually answer his question: you need to do a WHOIS or a DNS lookup.

EDIT: It looks like it's "evening of the n00bs". On this other forum there is a guy that thinks he has to make a directory INSIDE a script. Now really.

7 (edited by Kernavitch 2006-07-27 23:22)

Ok, there was no need to add the sligh ass coments at the end of both your posts. I know Java but I do not know the first thing about networking or using the command prompt more so as a hacking device then to set up batches for compiliation.

EDIT:
Thank you for your help and quick repsonces.

I agree. Enough with the smart-ass remarks.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Sometimes these smart-ass remarks are needed... not all the time though.

Bleh, I was just annoyed last night.

Warez is impossible to control at this point, as is distribution of MP3's, video, etc.

I feel the U.S. is lagging behind other countries in broadband speed because the RIAA, the MPAA and Microsoft are lobbying to keep things slower for the moment until they can figure out how to control things. Anybody remember DAT (Digital Audio Tape), this was a tape format that blew away the standard cassette tape, but it never saw the consumer light of day.

We have super computers at our disposal, gigabytes of disk space, CD and DVD burners and still the big corporations don't seem to have a clue what's going on. They had better get their collective acts together or else whatever revenue stream they can salvage at the present moment might not be there in a year's time.

hcgtv wrote:

Warez is impossible to control at this point, as is distribution of MP3's, video, etc.

I feel the U.S. is lagging behind other countries in broadband speed because the RIAA, the MPAA and Microsoft are lobbying to keep things slower for the moment until they can figure out how to control things. Anybody remember DAT (Digital Audio Tape), this was a tape format that blew away the standard cassette tape, but it never saw the consumer light of day.

We have super computers at our disposal, gigabytes of disk space, CD and DVD burners and still the big corporations don't seem to have a clue what's going on. They had better get their collective acts together or else whatever revenue stream they can salvage at the present moment might not be there in a year's time.

I honestly think music should be free. Videos, as long as they are not in movie theatres should also be legal to post.

However, things like Programs and Games that potentially use other people's CD Keys to operate can affect the real owner of the CD Key. Like in games like Call of Duty, only 1 CD Key may acess the internet at once; if your key is a randomly generated you're sort of screwed out of your money.

Maybe this should be moved to the general discussion area?

Moved as its drifted away from being anything PunBB specific.

warez alarm!
protect women and chisldren... the sharp teeth criminals are coming to eat our childrem alive and to slice you and turn you into toilet paper...

guys, chill out.

this is software here, free, open source... copy it, distribut it, use it, pirat it... ops is os... how do you do piracy on free os software? lol

focus on punbb as it is a forum software that is totaly independent from the content it can be used to display.

PS: this is not a smart-ass comment

16 (edited by Reines 2006-08-09 18:56)

http://ownedirl.com/ohnoes.jpg

Sorry, just had to.