151 (edited by StevenBullen 2006-06-27 21:20)

Re: Private Message mod v1.2.2

freddykgb wrote:

Do u remember how you fixed it?

How about this?

Replace this

<div class="blockmenu" style="padding: 0px 10px 0px 0px; margin-top: 10px;">
        <h2><span><?php echo $lang_pms['Private Messages'] ?></span></h2>
        <div class="box">
            <div class="inbox">
                <ul>
                    <li <?php if ($box == 0) echo 'class="isactive"' ?>><a href="message_list.php?box=0"><?php echo $lang_pms['Inbox'] ?></a></li>
                    <li <?php if ($box == 1) echo 'class="isactive"' ?>><a href="message_list.php?box=1"><?php echo $lang_pms['Outbox'] ?></a></li>
                </ul>
            </div>
        </div>
    </div>
    <div class="linkst">
        <div class="inbox">
            <p class="pagelink conl"><?php echo $lang_common['Pages'].': '.paginate($num_pages, $p, 'message_list.php?box='.$box) ?></p>
            <p class="postlink conr"><a href="message_send.php"><?php echo $lang_pms['New message']; ?></a></p>
            <ul><li><a href="index.php"><?php echo pun_htmlspecialchars($pun_config['o_board_title']) ?></a> </li><li>» <?php echo $lang_pms['Private Messages'] ?> </li><li>» <?php echo $page_name ?></li></ul>
        </div>
    </div>

to this

<div class="linkst">
        <div class="inbox">
            <p class="postlink conr"><a href="message_send.php"><?php echo $lang_pms['New message']; ?></a></p>
            <ul style="margin-left: 0pt;"><li><a href="message_list.php?box=0"><?php echo $lang_pms['Inbox'] ?></a> | <a href="message_list.php?box=1"><?php echo $lang_pms['Outbox'] ?></a> | <a href="message_list.php?action=multidelete&box=<?php echo $box ?>">Delete</a></li><li> - <?php echo $page_name ?></li></ul>
        </div>
    </div>

then remove this

style="padding-left: 153px;"

and this

style="margin-left: 152px;"

152 (edited by freddykgb 2006-06-27 14:58)

Here how it looks now, after those corrections you suggested:

http://www.teddypokerdeals.com/img/bug_mod2.png

A new poker community is rising : see for yourselft at unbluffed.com

Ok try the post above... be warned it changes the look slightly... but for the better. You can, if bothered remove the footer link now because the delete is in the menu at the top.

I have had no problems with this on both the sites I run.

I agree with you, this is way better.  This should 'mod-re-mod' be included in the next release!
Thanks you very much Steven big_smile

A new poker community is rising : see for yourselft at unbluffed.com

It doesnt work with me.
The options for the PMs appear in the Admin board.
But the option to sned any PM doesnt appear.
Or the option to view your inbox or anything.
What is wrong?
One of the instructions said to delete the line in admin_options.
But that line did not exist.
So i created something to replace it

</div>
                <?php require PUN_ROOT.'include/pms/admin_options.php'; ?>
                <div class="inform">

I created this line but noting happened.
Then i put the admin_options under the folder PMS as well.
Still nothing.
The line it asked me to delete was

<?php require(PUN_ROOT.'include/pms/admin_options.php'); ?>

But i couldnt as it was not there in the first place.

Please help

You obviously have the wrong zip, because the readme is certainly there.

http://www.punres.org/download.php?id=461

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

157 (edited by teenagegluesniffer 2006-08-11 08:58)

I keep getting this error:

Bad HTTP_REFERER. You were referred to this page from an unauthorized source. If the problem persists please make sure that 'Base URL' is correctly set in Admin/Options and that you are visiting the forum by navigating to that URL. More information regarding the referrer check can be found in the PunBB documentation.

I'm using v 1.2.2 of this mod
and v 1.2.12 of punbb

The only time I get this is when I try to delete sent messages.
I take that back.
It only does this for member accounts and it does it for deleting any messages.  (it might do this for moderator accounts as well)

teenagegluesniffer: http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=2295

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

I keep getting this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE, expecting ';' in /home/raive/public_html/forums/include/functions.php on line 1065

Does the latest version (1.2.2) send email notifications of private messages?
I can't find a feature list for this mod.

If not, is there a way to do it?

Thanks.

--Alan

AlanCollier:

No, it does not send email notifications.

Yes, there is a French mod (of the PM System mod) to add email notifications. I don't have the link handy right now, but if you search Punres for "email notification" (in the forums, not the projects list), you should be able to find it.

I've had a quick look through this thread and not found this mentioned so thought I'd add it:

Upon installation and running I had a load of code displayed at the top of my forum pages and (no surprisingly) the mod wasn't working.
After a little poking about under the bonnet I found that several of the files in the pm folder (in includes) used the shorthand php delimiters (<? ? ?>). I replaced these with the full versions (<?php  ?  ?>) and all was good.

Presumably this is a server setting that made it rather fussy about such things but it's a simple fix for a scary looking issue.

Nice mod, thanks.

163 (edited by Vanslyde 2006-10-09 06:05)

Hi! I'm totally new to Punbb and I'm having a hard time implementing this particular mod.. I carefully followed the instructions in the readme.txt file but I keep on getting this bug as soon as I login in my forum. screenshot

I installed wamp 1.6.1, did a fresh install of punbb-1.2.13.zip as well as Private_Message_Mod-1.2.2.zip, and my stats board show
PunBB version
PunBB 1.2.13 - Check for upgrade
© Copyright 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 Rickard Andersson
Server load
Not available (1 users online)
Environment
Operating system: WINNT
PHP: 5.1.2 - Show info
Accelerator: N/A
Database
MySQL 5.0.18-nt
Rows: 83
Size: 150.06 KB

There are no mods previously installed on this forum and I'm really wondering what went wrong, I did a fresh installation 3 times and keep getting this bug. Chances are I forgot something really obvious but as I said, I'm pretty sure I followed the instructions correctly.

Based on that screenshot ^^, does anyone knows what I'm doing wrong here?
Thanks!

edit: RESOLVED

Take a look at the files in the pms folder in include. I can't remember which, but at least one of them has some PHP that starts with <? as opposed to <?php. Change the <? to <?php and you should be good smile

165 (edited by Vanslyde 2006-10-04 02:46)

Thanks Smartys smile

said modifs ^^ were made in
header_new_messages.php
viewtopic_PM-link.php

and
functions_navlinks.php

I also had a;

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in C:\wamp\www\Forums\plugins\AP_Private_messaging.php on line 150

which was resolved by using the same tip in
AP_Private_messaging.php

And finally this tip also resolved an issue I had when deleting multiple private messages (Error: Unable to delete messages..) on line 352 (for me) of the file message_list.php

hi,

i already installed private message 1.2.2

today i just update to punBB 1.2.14 and i lost the PM features. I download the 1.2.14 updates files and upload all the files. my mistake. so here i now, no mods at all big_smile. In administration area is OK, Private Message still shown in the Plugins list. It's dissapeared in the forum only.

So what files should I fix, so members can use this feature again?

thank you.

regards,

Soyuz

167 (edited by lament 2006-10-18 07:10)

having the same problem...

http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=79675

update.. got it fixed:

http://www.punres.org/viewtopic.php?pid=10424

soyuz wrote:

hi,

i already installed private message 1.2.2

today i just update to punBB 1.2.14 and i lost the PM features. I download the 1.2.14 updates files and upload all the files. my mistake. so here i now, no mods at all big_smile. In administration area is OK, Private Message still shown in the Plugins list. It's dissapeared in the forum only.

So what files should I fix, so members can use this feature again?

thank you.

Just follow the mod readme again, except don't run install_mod.php or upload any of the files. Just make the edits it instructs you to.

how do you add colored usergroups

I get this error:

File: /home/simzicou/domains/simzi.co.uk/public_html/install_mod.php
Line: 76

PunBB reported: Unable to add columns to table

Database reported: Duplicate column name 'g_pm' (Errno: 1060)

Sounds like you already ran it wink

Hello, i have a problem
I am running Punbb 1.2.14 and i installed the pm plugin and it seems to work fine, but when i try to delete a message, it says that i do not have permission to access this page, referring to the message_delete.php page  does anyone have a thought as to why it is doing this? Thanks.

dude doesn't work with PunBB 1.2.14

Please i need this MOD....help me

im using 1.2.14 and i did install this also; and it works just great.... u should follow and read carefully every steps in the read me....

I love sky - i love flowers - and i love myself :D

175 (edited by lament 2006-10-31 22:55)

yup it works fine.

sudhir_nyc you need to give more info on what you've tried.