Topic: blog:cms

anyone running blog cms? does the mods workin blogcms for punbb?

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

Re: blog:cms

I'm familiar with Blog:CMS, what would you like to know?

3 (edited by quaker 2006-08-09 17:09)

hdgtv it seem a simple blog solutions that i need. how are the template or skins done?
does the blog it self pull the forum threats?

no, blog:cms uses another blog system (I forget which one it is off hand).  Its bascially a big combination of a lot of other php apps, combined into a single package.  I looked at it when I put up my site (along w/ a million others).  It was the first time I'd seen punbb, and liked how it had the forums integrated, but creating themes for it looked overly difficult (compared w/ bblog) so I never went with it.

what is a good blog cms then that uses punbb?

I think blog:cms is the only one that comes with it.

I use bblog, and integrated punbb into it myself.  its not that hard to do.

was it hard to integrate punbb?

it took me about 30 minutes (to get in, and about an hour total to do the complete integration w/ bblog). depending on your knowledge of php (bblog uses smarty and you'd have to be familiar with it as well) and any other technologies employed, it may take shorter or longer.

blog:cms uses nucleus

hum...
sound like i need to get a blog system designed for punbb.. kind of make a cms from punbb..

10 (edited by MadHatter 2006-08-09 19:54)

in my opinion, a blog is a blog, and is not a forum and a forum is a forum and not a blog.  comments to an article can become fairly "forum" like, and most "comments" systems on blogs are crap. 

you can create a "blog" look and feel from a forum.  there are other features that blogs typically have that arent included in punbb (nor any other bb system I've seen), which is more of a portal like feature set.  so it makes more sense to me to take the best of breed in each and use the right tools for the job (or start from scratch and write your own cms that does everything).

it takes a special kind of person to completely re-invent the wheel.  most people (myself included) would rather hack somebody elses work rather than start from ground zero and re-code it all from scratch.

Blog:CMS uses Nucleus CMS as it's basis, with PunBB, singapore and DokuWiki thrown in.

Radek started the Nucleus to PunBB plugin, Rickard and I later picked it up and added some more functionality to it.

The Nucleus plugin feeds front end posts to the forum so that commenting can occur there. If you follow the hcgtv link in my sig, you'll see an example of it.

would anyone be interested in help designing a cms maybe call it puntastic or something?
sorta like phpnuke is to phpbb?

i will buy domain name and host it give dev team access to everything of the site.do a punbb/wiki style
just an idea..

why not just put punbb into phpnuke?  phpbb doesnt have anything to do with phpnuke.

but phpnuke cant survive with out phpbb.. that how the members are stored. phpbb has a lot to do with phpnuke.. more than most people know..

15 (edited by MadHatter 2006-08-09 20:45)

no its not.  I'm guessing you havent done much work w/ phpnuke.

phpbb is hacked to fit into phpnuke.   the author of phpnuke doesnt have anything to do with phpbb. 

phpnuke.org doesnt even have a forum.

ops my bad... but still a fully cms dev off of punbb.. that not a bad idea.

quaker wrote:

ops my bad... but still a fully cms dev off of punbb.. that not a bad idea.

This has been discussed quite heavily before: http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4709

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

pog, i see that thanks for the link. but if never got started. and i really like punbb and it adaptivity to ther stuff. that why i would like to start something but im not big on programing. but i can help with what i do know. and can sorta help with the cost. since i have a hosting company(smalltime) mostly friends dont really want to support alot of site since im a govt consultant and i travel alot.wooohoooo..lool.. so how about it?

I know the project didn't get off the ground, I just thought some of the discussion in that thread might be helpful. Some good points were made in that thread.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

i know i read alot of the threats. so i think that i will try to start it up. and try to get a dev membership going.. i can offer a free hosting plan(no domain names) for all the dev guys who are active in the design of the cms.  care to join? be the first..lol..

I'd rather port punbb to phpnuke.

thats just me though.

lol.... that kewl..

MadHatter wrote:

I'd rather port punbb to phpnuke.

EWWW.. i hope what you have isn't contagous. wink

i think once 1.3 comes out we will see cms functionality in the form of modules/plugins/whatever. just use the mini portal + a few other mods that are sure to get ported to 1.3 and you have a fully functional cms with punbb as it's core.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

phpnuke is great portal system.  I use it for another site I run.  its about as easy to mod as punbb was to add to my other site.

mad, i used a new version of phpnuke for a few site that i helped with
http://www.rc3racing.com/rc3/ they run a version called Nuke-Evolution.
it seem to be alot faster that the standard nuke sites.
but dang takes 20 mins to upload on a cable modem for setup...