Topic: Steve Irwin

Steve Irwin dies from stringray  poison in the heart.

Post your thoughts on his life.

Re: Steve Irwin

That was shocking news to wake up to this morning.

I think he took life to the fullest, really enjoyed himself and I'm happy to have had the opportunity to say "Shit he's going to get bit by that snake!".

my wife and mother-in-law are / were big fans.

very sad for his wife & kids.  I cant imagine mine growing up w/ out me... then again, I'm not constantly putting myself in harms way nor am I a big fan of animals that see me as a source of food.

he was very entertaining to watch. RIP m8.

I was so sad when I heard about this. sad

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

He was one of a kind... Australia have lost someone that will never be replaced. RIP sad

RIP Steve.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

CROCODILE HUNTER DEATH TO BE BROADCAST?

The footage of late Australian naturalist STEVE IRWIN being killed by a stingray could be shown on TV. Charismatic Irwin, dubbed the Crocodile Hunter after his internationally acclaimed TV show, died yesterday (04SEP06) while diving on Australia's Great Barrier Reef. Irwin was filming for a new documentary when he lost his life, and his cameraman shot the moment when the stingray's barbed tail stabbed the legendary conservationist through the heart. The tapes are currently being held by Queensland police - but Irwin's family are determined to respect his last wishes and allow the harrowing footage to be broadcast. Irwin once insisted, "My number one rule is to keep that camera rolling. Even if it's shaky or slightly out of focus, I don't give a rip. "Even if a big old alligator is chewing me up I want to go down and go, 'Crikey!' just before I die. That would be the ultimate for me." An insider tells British newspaper the Daily Star, "This is exactly what Steve would have wanted. He knew the dangers and was totally up for the cameras to get everything."

05/09/2006 12:52

somehow that doesnt surprise me a bit.

hcgtv wrote:

CROCODILE HUNTER DEATH TO BE BROADCAST?

The footage of late Australian naturalist STEVE IRWIN being killed by a stingray could be shown on TV. Charismatic Irwin, dubbed the Crocodile Hunter after his internationally acclaimed TV show, died yesterday (04SEP06) while diving on Australia's Great Barrier Reef. Irwin was filming for a new documentary when he lost his life, and his cameraman shot the moment when the stingray's barbed tail stabbed the legendary conservationist through the heart. The tapes are currently being held by Queensland police - but Irwin's family are determined to respect his last wishes and allow the harrowing footage to be broadcast. Irwin once insisted, "My number one rule is to keep that camera rolling. Even if it's shaky or slightly out of focus, I don't give a rip. "Even if a big old alligator is chewing me up I want to go down and go, 'Crikey!' just before I die. That would be the ultimate for me." An insider tells British newspaper the Daily Star, "This is exactly what Steve would have wanted. He knew the dangers and was totally up for the cameras to get everything."

05/09/2006 12:52

That seems fitting. The man made his living by showing animals to the world. Just because something bad happened doesn't mean he wouldn't want it to be shown. Things like this do happen in real life. Why not show all aspects of nature?

This man will be missed.

According to the news today, the material will be destroyed after the police has investigated it.
Irwin's family doesn't want it to be broadcast and they don't want him to get a national burrial either.. (since 'he's just a normal person')

All this fuss about a dead guy... >=/

You serious...

Yes I am.

14 (edited by StevenBullen 2006-09-07 10:17)

Then try to figure it out... pillock.

Elbekko, Have you never heard of this guy?

I'm with Elbekko on this one, I know who he was and has seen his shows, but frankly I don't get the fuss about someone famous dying. Sure it sad for his relatives, but this man lived to the fullest and knew the dangers, yet he decided to risk his life doing what he loved and utimately paid the price.
I actually find much more sad when your average soccer-mom who plays it safe to take care of the family is killed in a meaningless traffic-accident. But I guess that being famous makes you life more valuable i todays society. I mean where is the thread on Pulkovo Airlines Flight 612 which crashed in the Ukraine killing 160 people, 45 of them children? Or any of the many other disaster in the world involving un-famous people.
Nuff said.

Sorry but your wrong.

I am not respecting him because of his celebrity status you twit, its what he done for wildlife generally... try reading up what he has done for this world. Its everything about the person... not just cos he is famous.

I respect the loss of the average soccer mum, etc. But I have lost someone very close to me, and it was mentioned in our local paper... and from that people paid respects to me and my family because of this. Its the same thing on larger scale.

At the end of the day if you dont agree with people respecting anothers death. Then probably best you dont post at all.

when my brother died 2 years ago I was devastated.  he was my brother, family, somebody I knew and loved.  the reason people are making a fuss about steve and not about other people who died is because they've watched him to the point where they feel they know him.  he may have been a part of our lives like (while it may be sad to say) my brother was to mine.  people die every day, but since we dont know them it doesnt effect us.  thats all.

death is sad.  though its the only thing we're guaranteed of. he did live his life to fullest.  to be known and adored by the world like he was was a testiment to the kind of person he was.

CodeDuck wrote:

I mean where is the thread on Pulkovo Airlines Flight 612 which crashed in the Ukraine killing 160 people, 45 of them children? Or any of the many other disaster in the world involving un-famous people.

Thread: http://hcgtv.net/viewtopic.php?pid=5489

StevenBullen wrote:

At the end of the day if you dont agree with people respecting anothers death. Then probably best you dont post at all.

I'm with you on that, but I have a problem with people telling others what they should think or feel, so when some jump on elbekko for not joining in, I feel like supporting his side of the story too.
Oh - and let's keep this a bit civilized, calling me a twit is not what I believe to in the spirit of this forum.

MadHatter: I agree completely, well said.

Just to make things clear; I mean no disrespect and what I wrote might sound a bit insensitive to some - I apologize to those.

StevenBullen wrote:

I agree with people respecing another's death, but I just can't stand the fact that they're always making a big deal of it if the person who died was somewhat known.
It sucks for the family and all, but frankly I don't give a damn about 1 out of, what, 3-4 billion people who dies >=/

No disrespect and all, but there is no need to see multiple threads about it on each forum where they go on about "damn he's so great" while they never knew him.

Oh, and to the people being sad about them not broadcasting his death, how would you feel if a family member of you dies and his/her death is shown everywhere on the world?

In the end you'll be jealous for the dead people when you look at the world.

thats a pretty grim outlook there elbekko.  guess you've never been fortunate enough to have somebody you care about die.  when it happens, I'm sure you'll see why folks want closure on things.

omg i cant believe he died..i got told he put millions away to make his zoo is aunstralia bigger:O

holidaybabe2006.piczo.com

Waltzing Matilda

That beautiful song was Australia to me
before "Crocodile Hunter" aired on TV

He was crazy, brash, exuberant and fun
I never saw another do what he'd done

A pioneer in his field, a man with fight
he brought a gorgeous Australia to sight

So full of dedication, enthusiasm and grit
for the sanctity of wildlife--his passion was lit

For the land and the animals his purpose was filled
yet I think too soon his bright, helping spirit was stilled

He cried for that which moved him and all that he loved
for the critters, his family on earth and his mother above

When I think of his passing I can scarce breathe
while I pray for his loved ones, as the world grieves

As tears fill my eyes so that I can not see
would someone play "Waltzing Matilda" for me

...Thank you Steve Irwin, and family...

~~*~~

Copyright 2006 Kathy Pippig Harris

25 (edited by rgsuk 2006-09-21 20:26)

I also think the media coverage has been excessive, especially the BBC, and I'm not sure why it has been. He was someone who appeared in a TV show. Of course I'm sorry for his family, as I would be for any family that lost someone. But the coverage has been way over the top and I have to say that the footage they showed of him waving his little baby near a crocodile made me feel sick and I find it hard to have respect for anyone who does that.