Topic: PHP Source Code Output

Hi,

I've setup PunBB, and every now and then it will output the source code or ask to download the .php file.

A quick refresh often makes the pages display correctly, but I just have no idea what is going on as it seems to be a random occurrence.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem, as I have tried searching but to no avail.

Please help!

Thanks.

Some Tech Stuff
PHP 5.1.2
MySQL 4.1.11
Zeus

Re: PHP Source Code Output

You should talk to your host. It's a problem on their end.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

the last couple of version of firefox have done this to me. not sure if this helps tho.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Ummm, has nothing to do with firefox tongue if php isn't be executed then it's a problem with the server before the data is sent to firefox(/lynx anyone? big_smile /safari/opera/ie) ;p

If your host has an error log, check it and look for stuff like missing libs and/or missing php add-ons. I had the same issue when my http server was inproperly configured, or was missing libs/add-ons.

echo "deadram"; echo; fortune;

you're probably right since the host i was on wasn't exactly 100% reliable at the time.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

6 (edited by natz 2006-09-20 07:36)

Thanks everyone!

I just got my host to switch it over to PHP5... and no more problems. smile

Apparently it was running 3/4, even though phpinfo reported 5?

*Shrug.

Dr.Jeckyl wrote:

the last couple of version of firefox have done this to me. not sure if this helps tho.

i am pretty sure 1.5.0.6 did this to me as well on the perfectly running punbb esp viewtopic.php in one or two instances.
will update to 1.5.0.7.. oh it is downloading now..

Like someone pointed out earlier, this has nothing to do with your browser.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."