Re: PunBB News

That would be false......it doesnt add a title to a box....you would have to make it a block

<div class="block">
<h2><span>Title Here</span></h2>
<div class="box">
<div class="inbox">
content goes here
</div>
</div>
</div>

I already know that I am going to feel and look really stupid for asking this, but I was doing some more work with this mod and I have a question. When you are adding a block in to do whatever it is you want, you add it in to the index.php that this mod provides...

Where do you add it in at?

hmm it depends would you like this block to be a block on the sidebar or a main content block.

btw i have modified this modification a bit by cleaning up come code and getting rid of the nasty table inside of the news block. Didnt feel like modifying the table.

As you can see i have also added an affliates block on the right side of the page by messing around with the width.

www.fatal-gfx.com and check it out.

Tubby wrote:

hmm it depends would you like this block to be a block on the sidebar or a main content block.

Either place.  If someone could just point out the specific spot...I'm pretty sure I have it right...I just haven't uploaded and tested it yet (stuck at work).

Its not hard.....jsut look at the code carefully its common sence......you dont even have to know the php language to figure this out. If you want the block to display if the user is a guest then all you do is add a if ($pun_user['is_guest'])
{ and then add in the block. This is hard to explain specificly and im not going to supply you with a free code i want you to be able to know how to do this for future use. All you do is look at the blocks code and simply copy the code and paste it and then remove its content and add in your own.......your gunna have to figure out where to add the code in for yourself. Its obviously gunna be after the original block.

Tubby wrote:

Its not hard.....jsut look at the code carefully its common sence......you dont even have to know the php language to figure this out. If you want the block to display if the user is a guest then all you do is add a if ($pun_user['is_guest'])
{ and then add in the block. This is hard to explain specificly and im not going to supply you with a free code i want you to be able to know how to do this for future use. All you do is look at the blocks code and simply copy the code and paste it and then remove its content and add in your own.......your gunna have to figure out where to add the code in for yourself. Its obviously gunna be after the original block.

Yeah well, like I said.  I think I have it right, just can't test it right now. I'll just have to wait till I get home tongue

Thanks for the mod.

Here's the problem I'm having.

It only shows one post, and it's the first post ever created. Can you provide any support?

$newsid = '1'; //This is the forum the news is retrieved from
$newsdisplay = '5'; //This is how many news articles are displayed.

change to

$newsid = '1'; //This is the forum the news is retrieved from
$newsdisplay = '10'; //This is how many news articles are displayed.
My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

Wtf this is not working.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $end in E:\wamp\www\punbb\index.php on line 182

z33: We only do intelligent and witty insults here. Blatant abuse is not allowed. Your post has been edited accordingly.

37 (edited by pogenwurst 2006-09-14 21:21)

Please watch what you say. Paul already warned you. /pogenwurst

hey guys look i have integrated this modification in to my news block and edited alot of the code. Tell me what you think.

www.fatal-gfx.com/index.php

Tubby wrote:

hey guys look i have integrated this modification in to my news block and edited alot of the code. Tell me what you think.

www.fatal-gfx.com/index.php

There's a giant open space between the left navigation bar and the news in Firefox 2.0 beta 2.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

i think its in ie too lol if the problem is that noticeable in firefox then i cant see the problem.

Sorry, but I'm not quite sure of what you're trying to say. sad

Anyway, here's a screenshot:

http://img470.imageshack.us/img470/4897/spaceus8.png

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

hmm lol looks like ill have to take a look at my index.tpl and check the css at the top n shit lol. Thanks

ok i think i fixed it try looking at it again to whoever is running firefox to make sure that my layout is correct or looks good with it.

Tubby wrote:

ok i think i fixed it try looking at it again to whoever is running firefox to make sure that my layout is correct or looks good with it.

It's fixed now. smile

ok thank you for the bug report pogen would have never noticed it until one of my users that uses firefox had complained tongue

hey thaxs for this mod i love they way it works.
i was just wondering though. i have installed the html mod that allows mods and admins to use html in posts. well when i use html it parses the html fine in the forum post but on the news page when it pulls from that post it shows the html tags. is there anyway to make the news page output html tags.

Some questions.

How do I remove the Navigation and the online users since I dont want that.

I also would like to have some sort of grafhic between each news.

I dont know much about PHP.

Also where do I change the width on the new.

Excellent mod, its working perfectly smile Is it possible to pull news from more than one forum id though?