Topic: This forum will soon close

It is my intention to keep every discussion here at punbb.org in English. For this reason, I will close the Russian and Swedish speaking forums in a few days.

If anyone can recommend a Russian PunBB community outside punbb.org, I will be glad to link to it as I've done with Spanish, German etc.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

2 (edited by Dexus 2006-09-26 13:51)

Re: This forum will soon close

Rickard, russian punbb community can be found at www.punbb.ru and pretty long time (almost year) smile

Ok. It's just that I think there were two competing communities. I wanted to make sure I linked to the better one smile

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I'm really unhappy with that sad
Of course it's up to you, but this forum looked to me like "official" and punbb.ru more like complementary.

I've found here many helpfull ideas, so it looks more like step backward...
Or maybe information (in Russian) will be concentrating in one place, who knows...

That's the problem. People think of this as the official PunBB discussion forums in Russian and still, I have no idea what's going on in them. Another reason I want to move away from this is that any help and any solutions to problems that are posted in non-English languages are good only to the people who speak that particular language. If someone instead asks their question in English and gets an answer in English, that discussion can be of help to a greater audience.

Right, but I'd like to mention two facts:

* I was glad to find Russian sub forum *here*, it was "+" plus for PunBB when I was comparing different board engines.
Of course, I speak English (not perfectly, though) like many other developers around the world, but you know it's sometimes better to use your own language, just more pleasantly smile

Rickard wrote:

are good only to the people who speak that particular language

With full respect to Swedish or Polish (and other) communities there are just so many Russian-spoken people, *not* only in Russia but also about 15 other countries (mainly ex-ussr). I, personally never been to Russia, but Russian is my mother tongue smile

Reading advices in English is hard mainly for beginners, but we all were newbies in the beginning.

Rickard wrote:

I have no idea what's going on in them

People still discussing problems, making corrections to translation of the forum, etc.

Maybe keep Russian sub forum for a while, it (with punbb.ru) perfectly supplement each other.