Re: Calendar 2.0

well, i just installed Punbb 1.2.14 and the calendar 2.7 will not install on it, how would i be able to make it compatable, or when will a compatable version of it come out?

ybbob4269 wrote:

well, i just installed Punbb 1.2.14 and the calendar 2.7 will not install on it, how would i be able to make it compatable, or when will a compatable version of it come out?

You can easily update mod compatibility.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

hi;

i just insstalled this and got this error when access to profile

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_IF in /xxx/httpdocs/Forum/profile.php on line 959

whats wrong with it?

I love sky - i love flowers - and i love myself :D

Try grabbing a fresh copy of profile.php and apply the mod's changes to it again. You probably made a mistake somewhere.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

ok thanks im trying now

still cannot; i did exactly everything which showed in the readme file though ....

182 (edited by twohawks 2006-10-22 02:30)

mystic, please post the code at line 959, with the preceding and following lines as well, in the referenced file, and maybe we can tell you what the error is and how to deal with it.

TwoHawks
Love is the Function
No Form is the Tool

I had the same problem and I found that this solved it:

Edit profile.php and look for

$datestamp = mktime(0,0,0,$month,$day,0)

change it to

$datestamp = mktime(0,0,0,$month,$day,0);

note the missing ; at the end of the line.

184 (edited by mystic 2006-10-28 18:56)

twohawks wrote:

mystic, please post the code at line 959, with the preceding and following lines as well, in the referenced file, and maybe we can tell you what the error is and how to deal with it.

sorry for the long reply; here is the code

if($month!=0 && $day!=0){
        $Nyear = (strlen($year)!=4)? NULL: $year;
                if ($lang_calendar['Date_format'] == 'US') {
                   $birthday = date("F jS ", $datestamp).$Nyear;
                } else {
                   $birthday = date("j ", $datestamp).$lang_calendar[(date("F", $datestamp))].$Nyear;
                }
    }else
        $birthday = $lang_profile['Unknown'];

i fixed it; i realise that at

dont have ;

after i put it in; it worked perfect.

by the way; may i ask there are any chance that we can show the small calendar at the front page, not in the forum?

Thanks

Glad you could find and fix that mystic (I swear its always a dot, a semi-colon, or a single-quote !)

Per your last request, yes its available.  Please go over to punres and review the work that has been posted there (link below).
=====================
HEY FOLKS, I don't know why we got two different forums going for this mod (don't you hate having to track in two places instead of one!?), but we have been posting up a storm of some cool changes to Calendar 2.0.7 this month over at punres.  Please go check it out.

AND GIZZMO - I emailed you a request, and to check it over there, would you please let me know what I/we should/could do about the remod.

Go here:  http://www.punres.org/viewtopic.php?id=208&p=10
...and see  - post 232 - !

Cheers,
TwoHawks

TwoHawks
Love is the Function
No Form is the Tool

thanks for your reply; im looking for it but btw; what i mean is can i use the GLOBAL function so that i can put it on my front page; not forum front page

showminical.php what is this file? i cant find it at all....

Hi Mystic,
In the very beginning of my code section in that post (232) there is a link to a zip file.  Get that... it has all the code and instruction for updating your current installation of calendar mod 2.0.7 with those things.
Cheers,
TwoHawks

TwoHawks
Love is the Function
No Form is the Tool

189 (edited by mystic 2006-10-29 01:41)

thanks a lot ... and btw can i just include the minical in my main page so it can be showed? i mean not in the forum ?

190 (edited by twohawks 2006-10-29 02:27)

hi Mystic,
although i would have to look at the stuff again, I am pretty sure you could do that, but I am uncertain how.  Is your foruam and website under the same webroot (same hosting domain)? (I assume you do have the froum installed, no?

TwoHawks
Love is the Function
No Form is the Tool

Okay, you went offline - must have just missed you 8^P
Tell you what I think, but I am not the expert here (so I would have to mess with it to get to the definitive answer)...
...but... If you are running the punbb forum on your site and you have the calendar installed, then the minical should work wherever you wish to put it in your other php pages (but not html pages) on your site... I bet all you would have to do is maybe adjust some of the link/pointers.

That's where i think it begins.
ttys,
TwoHawks

TwoHawks
Love is the Function
No Form is the Tool

Hi,
I havent seen a notice that the calendar doesnot work with the actually release. I get this message:

You are running a version of PunBB (1.2.14) that this mod does not support. This mod supports PunBB versions: 1.2, 1.2.1, 1.2.2, 1.2.3, 1.2.4, 1.2.5, 1.2.6, 1.2.10

What could I do to get the calendar running ?

The poor horseman without horses
www.galopp-sport.eu

http://claimid.com/jlangrock
[img]http://claimid.com/images/hcard.gif[/img]

Hi,
I have found the answer already there:

http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=10518

The poor horseman without horses
www.galopp-sport.eu

http://claimid.com/jlangrock
[img]http://claimid.com/images/hcard.gif[/img]

194 (edited by mystic 2006-10-29 12:57)

twohawks wrote:

Okay, you went offline - must have just missed you 8^P
Tell you what I think, but I am not the expert here (so I would have to mess with it to get to the definitive answer)...
...but... If you are running the punbb forum on your site and you have the calendar installed, then the minical should work wherever you wish to put it in your other php pages (but not html pages) on your site... I bet all you would have to do is maybe adjust some of the link/pointers.

That's where i think it begins.
ttys,
TwoHawks

aye sorry i fell asleep lol....

My website is a portal; so i just want to put the calendar outside as i did to most of the punbb function. however this calendar  i dunno how tongue

thx for your reply

PS: yes my foum and my front page under the same host/database/root; but i just want to do that; so when members open the main page; they can see the calendar as well as what events going on... no need untill go to forum wink

195 (edited by twohawks 2006-10-29 20:12)

Hi Mystic, 
I have figured something out that will alow you to place the minicalendar into your home page, or wherever, but I need to know, do you do any php coding, css style coding, or the like?

Here's what I got so far...
In order to test calling the minicalendar into a file outside of the forum zone,
1) I created a file named indexxx.php in the root directory of my site with the following code

<?php

define('PUN_ROOT', 'my-forumdirectory-here/');
require PUN_ROOT.'include/common.php';

// Print the minical
require PUN_ROOT.'include/user/showminical2.php';

// this next, closing php stream, may or may not be required depending on rest of your code 
?>

2) Then I made a copy of "showminical.php" to "showminical2.php" in the same folder as the original, and I made the following changes:

#=============================================
#  EDIT SHOWMINCAL2.php
#
#### ------[ 1a. FIND LINE 118]---------
#

$bdays[$bday_list['day']] .="<a href='calendar.php?view=bday&date=".$month_year.".".$month_no.".".$bday_list['day']."'>".$bday_list['day']."</a><br />";

#
#### ------[ 1b. REPLACE WITH]---------
#

$bdays[$bday_list['day']] .="<a href='".PUN_ROOT."calendar.php?view=bday&date=".$month_year.".".$month_no.".".$bday_list['day']."'>".$bday_list['day']."</a><br />";

#
#### ------[ 2a. FIND LINE 125]---------
#

$dates[$dates_list['day']] = "<a href='calendar.php?view=event&date=".$month_year.".".$month_no.".".$dates_list['day']."'>".$dates_list['day']."</a><br />";

#
#### ------[ 2b. REPLACE WITH]---------
#

$dates[$dates_list['day']] = "<a href='".PUN_ROOT."calendar.php?view=event&date=".$month_year.".".$month_no.".".$dates_list['day']."'>".$dates_list['day']."</a><br />";

#
#### ------[ 3a. FIND LINE 130]---------
#

<h2><span><a href="calendar.php?date=<?php echo $month_year.".".$month_no ?>"><?php echo $lang_calendar[$monthtext]?></a></span></h2>

#
#### ------[ 3b. REPLACE WITH]---------
#

<h2><span><a href="<?php echo PUN_ROOT; ?>calendar.php?date=<?php echo $month_year.".".$month_no ?>"><?php echo $lang_calendar[$monthtext]?></a></span></h2>

Notes:
You will notice that I had to change the links so they point to the forum calendar.
Since I use a guest control in my admin I am not worried about needing to control guest access from here.
Positioning is controlled (somewhat) in the end of showminical2.php in this code:

//show mini calendar
?>        <div style='float:right; width:215px'><?php mini_cal($month_no, $year, "week"); ?></div><?php

What remains then will be to rebuild some sort of styling into the new showminical.php, or include some css styling in your root directory's styles, in order to format the mini-calendar.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I imagine that the same logical procedure can be followed to create an include for the events list
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this helps point you in a working direction.
Cheers,
TwoHawks

TwoHawks
Love is the Function
No Form is the Tool

196 (edited by twohawks 2006-10-29 20:25)

Say Everyone,
Gizzmo did contact me about posting a new update for his calendar mod.  I am waiting to hear back from him about a few details, and then it should be up there shortly thereafter.

Please go to punres to check it out with us...  I would like to keep the posting going on in one place, and we are largely doing it there.

Cheers,
TwoHawks

TwoHawks
Love is the Function
No Form is the Tool

thanks im trying your codes; yeah i know about PHP code as well as CSS ; well not as good as you but still understand hehe... i will tell u what is the result

i got this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /srv/www/vhosts/xxx/httpdocs/Forum/include/user/showminical2.php on line 115

199 (edited by twohawks 2006-10-29 21:02)

Okay, we need to clear something up.
I sort-of goofed when I told you where to get showminical.
The original showminical.php is included in Rev 2.0.x of the Calendar 2.0.x posted at Punres (it is the updated version of this calendar, and is at 2.0.7 currently).

so when I told you where to get "the one", it did not take into consideration you may have an outdated version you are working with...

On top of that, keep in mind, mystic, I am using the fully updated version of this mod that is posted at
http://www.punres.org/viewtopic.php?pid=10673#p10673
(the one I told you to download)

..so there may be code references that are not viable for your version with the edit I gave you.
%^S

What version are you using?
**The new one has a lot of fixes and features... I highly recommend you go over there and check it out.

If you already have, then let me know, and post the referenced line (115 in showminical2.php).

TwoHawks
Love is the Function
No Form is the Tool

200 (edited by mystic 2006-10-29 21:01)

i got it twohawks; last time u told me to go there; but yeah now i got the calendar show on my front page.

Just now i forgot to put this one at my index.php

require PUN_ROOT.'include/common.php';

silly i am.

but the calendar doesnt show up right take a look here http://os.fastueux.com. i mean the position. i wonder how and where i can fix it for right with my existing template.

Thanks a lot for your help