Re: Firefox 2.0

Yes, but I don't want to install a fresh copy. I want to upgrade.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

It automatically upgrades smile It's exactly the same as when you do an update... you just download it yourself and press install tongue

Rickard wrote:

I've tried "Check for upgrades..." in FF1.5, but still nothing.

I don't think 1.5.0.7 upgrades to 2.0, there's a new upgrade mechanism that's making it's way into 1.5.0.8.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=476975

It's better to download the new 2.0, remove 1.5.0.7 and then install 2.0.

Rickard wrote:

I've tried "Check for upgrades..." in FF1.5, but still nothing.

It more than likely wont be 'live' on the update system for some days.

Downloaded 2.0, installed over the old 1.5.* like you did before they got the update function to work. No problems, worked just like a regular update.

Jansson wrote:

Downloaded 2.0, installed over the old 1.5.* like you did before they got the update function to work. No problems, worked just like a regular update.

Yeah, it shouldn't have issues updating. I install RC's all the time... and then from there officials, and have never had any issues. I always make backups to be sure though.

I'll wait another week or so with upgrading, untill I'm sure all my plugins work tongue

most of mine worked right away, the only one that didn't was the plugin to remove searchengines with a click ... (in the searchfield)

34 (edited by Dr.Jeckyl 2006-10-27 06:47)

I'm more upset my themes don't work with 2.0.

specifically the tango and the Ubuntu ones. sad

other than that i'm very happy with 2.0

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Dr.Jeckyl wrote:

I'm more upset my themes don't work with 2.0.

Same here actually... I'll wait untill BlackJapanMAX works tongue

Check out these themes: http://azertyskin.free.fr/english.php

Ack...anyone noticed this or have a solution for it?

I love the ability to use Alt-S to submit my post in PunBB.  Just love it.  With FireFox 2.0 though, Alt-S is now mapped to the History button in the toolbar.  Is there a way I can untie that map so I can submit my posts in PunBB (and other forums for that matter) without having to touch my mouse?

38 (edited by Frank H 2006-10-27 15:58)

alt+shift+s? (yep it worked ... I think it was in the release notes ... you did read them ... right? wink)

39 (edited by Kato 2006-10-27 16:00)

hhhmm....alt+shift+s does work, but it's a little akward to hit all 3 buttons at once.

What release notes you talking about?  wink

Don't worry about that, it'll be gone in 1.3 anyway (or atleast that's what I read).

elbekko wrote:

Don't worry about that, it'll be gone in 1.3 anyway (or atleast that's what I read).

I remember reading and posting on that thread where Rickard was asking about that button combination to submit.  I really like it myself...I guess I'm just gonna have to take my hands off the keyboard and use my mouse sad

Or press tab...

Yeah...a few tabs work. Depends on the forums as to how many tabs you might have to press.  Mine for instance has the easy smilies on it so when I hit tab, I have to tab through all the smilies there before I get to the submit button.  It all depends on the forums I guess.

My smiley menu? I tried it out and only had to press tab 3 times (for the BBCode help links)...

elbekko wrote:

My smiley menu? I tried it out and only had to press tab 3 times (for the BBCode help links)...

Wow.  My bad.  You are right.  I don't know what I was thinking...I thought the smilies were below the post box and yeah...I was on crack.  Hehehe.  Tab 3 times if you are on a post reply page and tab once if you have the quick post enabled. I guess that will work.

I found the spell checker feature,
that's an perfect solution if you dealing in multilingual environments, install as much languages you are writing and at browser level just click the right mouse and decide which language you are using. Absolute brilliant.

The poor horseman without horses
www.galopp-sport.eu

http://claimid.com/jlangrock
[img]http://claimid.com/images/hcard.gif[/img]

Firefox 2.0 is deffinitely my choice for browsing, but I prefer the portable one

48 (edited by elbekko 2006-11-08 12:46)

Rio wrote:

Firefox 2.0 is deffinitely my choice for browsing, but I prefer the portable one

Whoa, didn't know that existed yikes

*installs on PDA*

EDIT: bah, not the one I expected... it's just something to put on a USB drive instead of being for a mobile device sad