Topic: Drupal Integration

I like to PunBB, but I currently work with drupal. Is there an easy way to integrate PunBB in a drupal environment(module etc)?

Re: Drupal Integration

Has anyone tried to integrate to Drupal yet ?

If memory serves me right, it has been attempted, but if it was ever successful, it was not made known back here.  So really, I think at this time it hasn't been finished or anything.

so does Drupal runs faster or PunBB?

PunBB is faster, Drupal is very slow.

If your people come crazy, you will not need to your mind any more.

Drupal's built in forums are just a blog with special formatting, it's fine for small communities but it doesn't really scale well and it tends to be slow at times. You can see it at Spread Firefox where they've had to make a lot of changes to accommodate the influx of users.

PunBB on the other hand is built for discussions, there is no excess baggage to carry around. The downside is that there are two user bases, one in the front end, one on the forum, we acknowledge this and are working towards making it easier to integrate PunBB into whatever front end system you have. Stay tuned...

Yes, PunBB really runs faster than Drupal. I have tried to install drupal in the THanksGiving weekend, but I was really satisfied with the performance.

zaher wrote:

Drupal is very slow.

In my experience, drupal is faster than many other CMS:s such as Joomla/Mambo

Sonrep wrote:

In my experience, drupal is faster than many other CMS:s such as Joomla/Mambo

In all fairness, neither Joomla or Mambo are very fast. They have a lot of mambots you can install and the templating, with PHP tags strewn about, can take a while to render a page. One thing I've noticed with either Joomla or Mambo sites is that they don't validate well, like some have hundreds of errors, further slowing down the browser.

It really comes down to the individual creating his or her site, you can make a light CMS like Textpattern render slowly if you install 50 plugins.