Re: There's no "I" in team

Great news!

Congratulations all smile.
In my opinion: How more people work on a project how bigger the view on the project is.
Like more features, bug fixes, etc.

What a big step punbb made!

I think this will be cool as everything will be solved more efficiently i guess.

Please keep the right track, dont get into the fancy javascript way. Keep it clean.

28 (edited by Marty 2006-11-24 01:01)

Great news big_smile

But I have a question to connor; Will you use mypunbb enymore?
Upgrade or somthing like that?

This is a great new for punBB !
Congratulations to all ! smile

Good news and a good choice!

Great stuff!

Aftonbörsens skapare. Var med och starta något roligt och stort du med!

That's some good news. Make punbb rock!

I think this is very exciting, but there are a few questions I would like to ask.

First, about money. Are you now splitting up donations and income from ads?  Maybe just income from donations?

Also, with this move, are you ever planning on releasing a pay for version, or are you going to stick with the free version. Personally, I wouldn't mind paying for it if you ever decided to do that.

Just curious.

I highly doubt PunBB will go to a pay for version, but you are always welcome to donate if you feel like it.

(and there haven't been much (if any) talk of money within the team, we're not in it for the money! wink)

Plubyblop wrote:

First, about money. Are you now splitting up donations and income from ads?  Maybe just income from donations?

I'm keeping them for now. Think of it as salary for keeping the site up and running. We're saving up donations to give back to the community though. We've been thinking about having a style and extension competition when 1.3 is finished. I think a $500  price in each category should get the creative juices flowing smile Either that or maybe give away $100 for every security vulnerability that is reported during a month or so (and hope it doesn't exceed 10 big_smile).

Plubyblop wrote:

Also, with this move, are you ever planning on releasing a pay for version, or are you going to stick with the free version. Personally, I wouldn't mind paying for it if you ever decided to do that.

No pay version.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:

I'm keeping them for now. Think of it as salary for keeping the site up and running. We're saving up donations to give back to the community though. We've been thinking about having a style and extension competition when 1.3 is finished. I think a $500  price in each category should get the creative juices flowing smile Either that or maybe give away $100 for every security vulnerability that is reported during a month or so (and hope it doesn't exceed 10 big_smile).

woaa i better getting practicing my style making then tongue
im not very good with designing so i think its about time to teach the gf a thing or to tongue

37 (edited by Goofy666 2006-12-01 00:33)

Better late than never, eh? smile Congrats to the team! And congrats to Rickard, for sticking it out on his own (well, see your own newspost for the nuances on this one)  for such a long time wink. I was just wondering how he could actually manage all this on his own...

Nice to see that you will be 8 to program, 8 to bring ideas, 8 to finish the next version, 8 to etc...
Good luck, and good work !

8 to pretend not to see the boring things on the todo list? tongue

Cool. http://smiliesftw.com/x/dancingcool.gif

Hmmm.

Hehe, im with stupid, *waves to Rich*

I am, who I am...

Its truly wonderful. Instead of 2 people waiting for me, now there are 7.

Paul wrote:

Don't sit around wasting time here, back to work with ya' tongue

hi

Paul wrote:

LOL tongue

Top stuff guys.

I posted here a lot at the outset as an enthusiast as I don't have any detailed programming knowledge.

I check the place out but there haven't been any sweeping changes for a while (not a bad thing, just a fact).

Now I'm pleased that the next chapter has been written, and the application can move forward again.

wel

thank you

Congratulations !

And now you think you can create a language team ? A team for each language, they'll be an acces on PunBB Trac just on language files, no ? With a little box in the right of "You are here: My PunBB forum" (congratulation too for the new Oxygen style on the 1.3-dev, i like it) like a "Your language : English" (english in this box.. possibility to change on french, spanish, etc.. (with a little pic on the left of the name of the language.. i'll love it :d)).

No ?

There will be the possibility to make subforums on the 1.3 final ?

Thanks',

Best regards,

XaTriX

i am only testing this forum... looks good.