Topic: Edit the menu problem!!

Two issues

<div id="brdmenu" class="inbox">

I would like to remove that ^ or replace it with other id´s but dunno what file to look for to make the change.

I would like to change the behaviour on a active link so it uses a different css. I want the active page to be in a different colour than the other ones.

Re: Edit the menu problem!!

Both would need changing in functions.php, the generate_navlinks() function. 2 would need editing in header.php too probably (to give the current page as extra argument).

1 done

Found it a bit before i got your help, but still thank you wery much

Have anyone else done it or can give me help or a hint on the way

For 2, try:

#punsearch A#navsearch, #punindex A#navindex, #punuserlist A#navuserlist, #punprofile A#navprofile, #punadmin A#punadmin, #punlogin A#navlogin {WHATEVER}

I think that'll work. Please note however, that it will not work with the rules page because it uses #punmisc rather than, say, #punrules. You'd have to edit misc.php if you wanted to do it there too.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Hmm dont understand, perhaps I/we are not talking about the same thing

What i want is the folowing: When user is on index.php, index (in the menu) will be highlighted in let say blue background colour and pink text, and when user switches from index to Search in the menu search will be highlighted with blue background and pink text, and now index (in the menu) will be ping bg and blue text

?

I could always try doing this as a mod smile Saves you the trouble from thinking it over tongue

lhffan wrote:

Hmm dont understand, perhaps I/we are not talking about the same thing

What i want is the folowing: When user is on index.php, index (in the menu) will be highlighted in let say blue background colour and pink text, and when user switches from index to Search in the menu search will be highlighted with blue background and pink text, and now index (in the menu) will be ping bg and blue text

?

You were being told how to do it via descendant selectors in the stylesheet which uses the id for the page.

8 (edited by lhffan 2006-11-29 16:27)

elbekko wrote:

I could always try doing this as a mod smile Saves you the trouble from thinking it over tongue

If you find the time haha.. thanx

Ok paul, thanx for the answer, i did not get it to work. Bur now when i know that im and pogenwurst was thinking about the same thing i will trye again

That CSS won't work as written.  The IDs are on the list items, not the links themselves.  It needs to be 

#punsearch #navsearch a

and so on to work.

From my site's CSS:

#punindex li#navindex a,
#punviewforum li#navindex a,
#punviewtopic li#navindex a,
#punpost li#navindex a,
#punedit li#navindex a,
#punuserlist li#navuserlist a,
#punsearch li#navsearch a,
#punprofile li#navprofile a,
#punmisc li#navprofile a,
#punadmin li#navadmin a,
#punregister li#navregister a,
#punlogin li#navlogin a {
   /* Add your style here */
}

That will take care of all(?) of PunBB's default pages.