1 (edited by TFD 2006-12-11 23:39)

Topic: Users cant edit thread title??

Am I missing this in options? They can edit their posts but not the title? Thanks!

Re: Users cant edit thread title??

anyone? I can edit my title here why cant users edit their thread titles on my board?

better question would be, why make it the #1 thing they need to do after registering to be changing the theme of the best school ever made to some other crappy school??? just doesn't make sense.

maybe check the permissions for your groups to make sure they can edit posts.

MadHatter wrote:

better question would be, why make it the #1 thing they need to do after registering to be changing the theme of the best school ever made to some other crappy school??? just doesn't make sense.

maybe check the permissions for your groups to make sure they can edit posts.

Texas is ok but default will soon be ohio state big_smile

I checked those and they can edit their posts just not the title.

5 (edited by TFD 2006-12-12 00:29)

also they can not delete topics or posts by my group permissions. Is topic title editing tied into one of those?

$can_edit_subject = ($id == $topic_post_id && (($pun_user['g_edit_subjects_interval'] == '0' || (time() - $cur_post['posted']) < $pun_user['g_edit_subjects_interval']) || $is_admmod)) ? true : false;

It's a group setting wink

7 (edited by TFD 2006-12-12 01:07)

Im not sure what you mean? Its not listed in my group settings.

Setup group options and permissions

Below options and permissions are the default permissions for the user group. These options apply if no forum specific permissions are in effect.
Group title    
User title     This title will override any rank users in this group have attained. Leave blank to use default title or rank.
Read board      Yes    No Allow users in this group to view the board. This setting applies to every aspect of the board and can therefore not be overridden by forum specific settings. If this is set to "No", users in this group will only be able to login/logout and register.
Post replies      Yes    No Allow users in this group to post replies in topics.
Post topics      Yes    No Allow users in this group to post new topics.
Edit posts      Yes    No Allow users in this group to edit their own posts.
Delete posts      Yes    No Allow users in this group to delete their own posts.
Delete topics      Yes    No Allow users in this group to delete their own topics (including any replies).
Set user title      Yes    No Allow users in this group to set their own user title.
Use search      Yes    No Allow users in this group to use the search feature.
Search user list      Yes    No Allow users in this group to freetext search for users in the user list.
Edit subjects interval     Number of seconds after post time that users in this group may edit the subject of topics they've posted. Set to 0 to allow edits indefinitely.
Post flood interval     Number of seconds that users in this group have to wait between posts. Set to 0 to disable.
Search flood interval     Number of seconds that users in this group have to wait between searches. Set to 0 to disable.

Edit subjects interval     Number of seconds after post time that users in this group may edit the subject of topics they've posted. Set to 0 to allow edits indefinitely.

WOW I totally missed that. Thanks man!