Topic: 2 features, 1st a must, the 2nd not so much, but wanted

1: Makes ALL links in post, signatures, topics etc, to be opened in a separate windows.

2: Choose an admin skin (so an admin will be able to choose another skin to the ACP). I need this because I want to release PunBBHeb with the admin skin in LTR (since it's not translated).

Can anyone please point me out how can I set the language into Hebrew, but the ACP will still be in English (LTR)?

I use this mod: http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=5272

I only want to have the ACP (only the ACP) LTR'ed.

Thanks for the replies.

Regards,
Dan,
PunBB Hebrew translator.

Re: 2 features, 1st a must, the 2nd not so much, but wanted

Dan_y2k wrote:

1: Makes ALL links in post, signatures, topics etc, to be opened in a separate windows.

This would probably require target="blah" which isn't standard in XHTML Strict AFAIK.

And my personal opinion (you can completely disregard this if you want :)): I hate it when a page opens in a new window. If I want to open a page in a new window, I press MMB or Ctrl+LMB. Ever since forum software started doing that, I've regarded it as a major usability issue; I click a link and BAM! It opens in a new window (not tab, window (although opening it in a new tab is just as bad)). So what I did was, copied the URL from the new window, closed it, opened a new tab into my browser, pasted the URL, then pressed Enter. What a waste of time. Fortunately the browsers nowadays have an option to disable this ugly and awkward behaviour.

But if you still want to do it despite the fact that it breaks your XHTML, it's probably not that hard to add that functionality manually:
http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=79109#p79109

1. No, this has been discussed many times.

2. Admin does have language files in 1.3 so no point in adding this feature.

there is a mod over at punres.org i dont know how it works with links in signatures but i think it should work.

http://wiki.punres.org/Open_links_in_a_new_window

6 (edited by Dan_y2k 2006-12-25 22:15)

Connorhd wrote:

So, How will I be able to make the ACP of the current version (1.2.14) LTR'ed? I really think that it'll be difficult to Hebrew users that the ACP will be RTL'ed in English...

Please offer me a solution... Thanks!

Regards,
Dan,
PunBB Hebrew translator.

Well it would probably be an easy mod, but i'm not going to write it, as i said, it has been dealt with in 1.3 so as far as its concerned as a feature request, its not a problem.

Dan_y2k wrote:
Connorhd wrote:

So, How will I be able to make the ACP of the current version (1.2.14) LTR'ed? I really think that it'll be difficult to Hebrew users that the ACP will be RTL'ed in English...

Try editing include/template/admin.tpl, replacing <pun_head> with what would normally be put in its place, except with the stylesheet of your choice and a static title. The style I made for my forum totally gimped my admin section so I had to force a different stylesheet as well.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

pogenwurst wrote:
Dan_y2k wrote:
Connorhd wrote:

Try editing include/template/admin.tpl, replacing <pun_head> with what would normally be put in its place, except with the stylesheet of your choice and a static title. The style I made for my forum totally gimped my admin section so I had to force a different stylesheet as well.

Well, that kinda solved the problem. Thanks alot!

Regards,
Dan,
PunBB Hebrew translator.