Re: 1.3 coming...

Jérémie wrote:

Not ready yet, the dev team is still working on trac.

I've gotten the impression that Trac is unable to handle multiple concurrent users.

Is my source of information wrong?

hcgtv wrote:
Jérémie wrote:

Not ready yet, the dev team is still working on trac.

I've gotten the impression that Trac is unable to handle multiple concurrent users.

Depends. It's mostly meant as a front-end for the SVN repo, which can only accept one person to be working on a file at once (well, actually submitting it to the server). But the TRAC system should give no troubles really.

Subversion should merge the commits fine.

But Trac is just a frontend and a wiki for subversion, and it can handle several users no problem. Check it here for example, one can write new tickets, edit wiki pages, and so on.

From what I understood, the hard part is to integrate trac auth with punbb auth. But as I said before, if this is hell to do, well don't, we can handle two login until you figure it out.

As Bekko and Jérémie have said, the issue isn't with concurrent users: the issue is with integrating PunBB logins and Trac logins in a sane way

Jérémie wrote:

Not ready yet, the dev team is still working on trac. When it's done, we will be able to open tickets on stuff (or hassle a moderator to do it, or something like that).

I'm not particularly aiming at opening tickets on trac. I just want a place to talk about the trac version without hassling a moderator for every minor detail. IMHO it'd be reasonable to have a potential bug/flaw or whatever being tested and confirmed by multiple users and then hassle a moderator with it. After all, it could be just a incorrect config or a wrong server setting (this is just an example of things I'd like to discuss with other people who've got a trac version running). In this way, the community could already create an wishlist/(potential) bug list to help out the developers during the development process and people don't have to bother all the developers with stuff they've discovered in the trac version. It could even possibly speed up development because the developers don't have to look into every detail since it'll be done already by the community. They could fix bugs at instant! wink big_smile (j/k)

Just my $0.02

hcgtv wrote:

Well, I think what you've read somewhere is that it doesn't handle _a lot_ of concurrent users with grace. Trac isn't exactly the fastest piece of software I've encountered. Still, it does the job very nicely.

Kaboon: I promise I will do my best to get Trac up and running for you all this week.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Kaboon: to talk, a forum is probably still the best way of doing it. Maybe Rickard can open a temporary forum for the 1.3 testing, so that everything don't go directly on trac?

Rickard: good news smile

Jérémie wrote:

Kaboon: to talk, a forum is probably still the best way of doing it. Maybe Rickard can open a temporary forum for the 1.3 testing, so that everything don't go directly on trac?

My point exactly! Just take a look around on the forums. 1.3 topics are everywhere at the moment.

Jérémie wrote:

Rickard: good news smile

Very good news Rickard. Thanks for the effort! smile

Very god news Rickard smile

PunBB, the FluxBB of tomorrow - today!

Jérémie wrote:

Maybe Rickard can open a temporary forum for the 1.3 testing, so that everything don't go directly on trac?

We've talked about this but 1.3 is still not ready for widespread testing, too much is changing too quickly. But once 1.3 has reached a stage where the developers want more feedback, then either a new forum would be created on this forum or better yet, a new 1.3 based one would be setup temporarily.