Topic: forum url(domain name) help!

hi guys,

I am running a site say "www.xyz.com" (folder : root/xyz/), I would like to add punbb to my site, and decided to have domain name as "forums.xyz.com" (folder : root/xyz/forums/) if i run with "forums.xyz.com" can i be able to access the files in the root directroy or "xyz" directory? or will it give some problem. Could you please anyone help me out or let me know if any post is available with such question.

Thanks in Adv.

God wisely designed the human body so that we can neither pat our own backs nor kick ourselves too easily

Re: forum url(domain name) help!

I'm not really sure but I think you can do it with a .htaccess file, try this

Redirect 301 /forums http://forums.xyz.com/

thanks Strofanto, but this will work? coz in forum i have seen, we have to give absolute path / Correct path somewhere. then only it ll work properly, else we ll get an error like unable to write to .... directory / file. Once when i checked in my local intranet server, i go this error. dont know about online. could anyone suggest me clearly...

God wisely designed the human body so that we can neither pat our own backs nor kick ourselves too easily

Put the .htaccess in the website root and it will look in the /forums folder, as a relative path.

thanks again... i ll try it...  and let you know...