Hi there,

I was just reading your new source.
I found one thing that might cause problems:

f.e.:

$num_pages = ceil(2364 / 20);

will return: 119

but there are only 118 pages.

so there will be one empty page.

any ideas? I am just thinking on how you can fix this.

regards

Re: wrong pagenumbers if there are tooo many posts

2364/20 equals 118,2. So, there are 119 pages.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

yes, thats the problem. there are not 119 pages, so the last page will be empty.

do you understand what I mean?

Well, no. There isn't a problem. 2364/20 equals 118,2. That means that 118 pages will not be enough to show all posts. Thus, 119 pages are required.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I´m not good in explaining things, but I´ve tested it on my local lan.
I put exactly 2364 posts in one topic.
then I press the "Last Post" link and there is an empty page, because it´s page 119.
But the last Post is located at page 118.

sorry for my bad english but I hope I was able to bring the question a bit closer to you.

regards

Hmm, that's odd. Even if there were only 2631 posts, it should be 119 pages.

Could you perhaps provide a link to the forum so I can check it out? If you don't like posting it here, maybe you can e-mail it to me?

well I wish I could...I just installed it on my local lan...i tried to test the performance...
that´s why there are over 2000 posts in one thread.

maybe you can try this at home...

8 (edited by chacmool 2004-01-08 20:02)

restore:
I might know what the problem is. Are you SURE every post has a real user? That is, there must be a user with the post-user-id, or else the post will be skipped.

I had this problem with the converter, 12 users out of 815 were lost when converting the forum (due to ' in some field). This led to the exact same problem: The topic-list said one amount of posts and pages, but when I viewed the pages, there were some empty ones.