Re: Good hosting?

no i mean in a magazine i subscribe to. actually it's MaximumPC not a gaming mag. they have a 10-12 page ad in most every month. get's annoying. i'm actually kinda half kidding really. i've researched them and they seem to be one of the more reliable hosts.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

thanks... coz i am using it for (say 2 years) long time smile and the service is good and also the pricing. what else ppl like me require more than that... one more thing is if you go for the first package, i think its "beginners" in your mail box, you ll get lot of spam. since we are using all the 4 packages, we come to know about this. and you need to use your own spam filter in your mail client to get rid of it... rest are fine..

God wisely designed the human body so that we can neither pat our own backs nor kick ourselves too easily

Dr.Jeckyl wrote:

something that noone has mentioned most reliable hosts have is a forum. if they give the option for their customers and potential customers to give feedback then that should say something about them as a company as a whole. they aren't trying to hide behind a support desk or email address.

just my opinion really.

I couldn't agree more. TextDrive does this. They might not be the most reliable host in the world, but they are very open about their business and they do give you a lot of freedom.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

that is one thing i really dig about TD. the admins spend quite a bit of time on the forums i've noticed.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

You can always try ADM Hosting. I've heard it isn't too bad wink

I used to use the free host www.freehostia.com  but they have some downtime now. The site is up most of the time, but the file manager for small changes is not always working. If you need something temporary, you may want it.

Dr.Jeckyl wrote:

no i mean in a magazine i subscribe to. actually it's MaximumPC not a gaming mag. they have a 10-12 page ad in most every month. get's annoying. i'm actually kinda half kidding really. i've researched them and they seem to be one of the more reliable hosts.

I agree completely, those ads are atrocious.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

I knew there were a lot of different hosting companies, but I never really realized how many there are. I thought it was mainly like a top few with the rest not even worth considering.
After looking at some of the suggestions, I think I have been overpaying hmm

Prime Host?

merryxmas wrote:

I knew there were a lot of different hosting companies, but I never really realized how many there are. I thought it was mainly like a top few with the rest not even worth considering.

That's the case; remember that a lot of people recommend their host without having the skills, knowledges or experience to really assess them (on some case it's quite fun to hear them saying wonders on their host despite your warnings, and a few month later hear them rant about the same one). But worldwide, a ?few? still mean several dozens of companies.

jeremie , i do agree with you. i have had my hosting for 2 yrs now and with little to no major issue. and there 1hr responce time for ticket submitted really help me solved my own hosting issue. besides the 1 hr ticket reply .. the only other thing better than that is a phone number for support.

godaddy and 1and1.com offer the best i think with a 1-800 to call for any issues.

Q

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!