Topic: iclosed isticky

I have been skinning, sorry creating a theme for, an installation of punBB and come across a smallish problem.

I can add a default icon, I can add a new icon, I can add a sticky icon, and I can even add a closed icon (and not forgetting the moved icon!). But I cannot add a closed but sticky icon.

Is there any chance that viewforum.php, in a future release, could add in iclosedandsticky (or whatever) to enable me to add that specific icon.

I am trying to keep mods down to a minimum, but I assume adding in this line:

if($item_status=='iclosed isticky')$item_status='iclosedandsticky';

at around line 206 would be the quick and dirty method.

my mind is on a permanent tangent
byUsers forum

Re: iclosed isticky

http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=MultipleClasses
It is possible to do, moved to Modifications

Moved it back. It was a definite feature request and multiple classes doesn't help in this case though a sneaky use of descendant selectors might ie. putting classes on the tr and on the td which should give an infinite variety.

4 (edited by Rich Pedley 2007-01-22 20:45)

I should learn more css I really should - apologies for posting I should have known that one!

*sigh* and for those who like me didn't know then use this:

.isticky.iclosed .icon{}

Note: no space between the .isticky and .iclosed.

Thanks for pointing me to the right place Smartys.

byUsers forum

Paul wrote:

Moved it back. It was a definite feature request and multiple classes doesn't help in this case though a sneaky use of descendant selectors might ie. putting classes on the tr and on the td which should give an infinite variety.

actually I'd have to agree with Smartys - as his responce led me to the bit of CSS that was eluding me, and hence enabling me to change the icon.

byUsers forum

I always thought that didn't work in IE5.5 and IE6 or at least was unreliable.

works in IE7 and IE6, but haven't been able to test in IE5.5. Though it did work in a copy of IE5!

byUsers forum

Paul wrote:

My bad then smile

I was right. It does work in IE5 and IE6 but there is  a bug which means it stops working or applies the wrong class depending on the order in which the style declarations appear. In the current case it should work but if you start messing with the order of the style declarations it oculd stop working. I knew there was some reason why I'd avoided it in 1.2 (plus of course it doesn't work in IE5 Mac but thats now longer a problem as 1.3 doesn't support it).

Just to prove a point

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">

<html>
<head>
    <title></title>
    <style type="text/css">
    <!--

.one {
        color: red;
    }    

.two {
        color: green;
    }

.one.two {
        color: blue;
    }
    -->
    </style>
</head>
<body>
<div class="one">
This is some text
</div>
<div class="two">
This is some text
</div>
<body>
<div class="one two">
This is some text
</div>

</body>
</html>

Start messing with the order of other CSS and you can run into problems! But yes dropping IE on the Mac from the list of tested browsers certainly helps.

byUsers forum