Topic: Sudo Private Messaging

This isn't a proper announcement, more a tester to see if anyone likes it well enough for a proper Mod Release.

I took one look at the private messaging mod and decided it can wait until 1.3 came out smile But I still wanted some of the functionality, i.e. the ability to hide your email but still let others contact you. I came up with the following:

open misc.php

----------------------

find
----------------------
$mail_message = str_replace('<board_mailer>', $pun_config['o_board_title'].' '.$lang_common['Mailer'], $mail_message);
----------------------

add after
----------------------
$mail_message = str_replace('<send_reply_to>', $pun_config['o_base_url'].'/misc.php?email='.$pun_user['id'], $mail_message);
----------------------

find
----------------------
pun_mail($recipient_email, $mail_subject, $mail_message, '"'.str_replace('"', '', $pun_user['username']).'" <'.$pun_user['email'].'>');
----------------------

replace with
----------------------
pun_mail($recipient_email, $mail_subject, $mail_message, '"'.str_replace('"', '', $pun_user['username']).'" <'.$pun_config['o_webmaster_email'].'>');
----------------------
----------------------

open form_email.tpl
----------------------

find
----------------------
<sender> from <board_title> has sent you a message. You can reply to <sender> by replying to this e-mail.
----------------------

replace with
----------------------
<sender> from <board_title> has sent you a message. You can reply to <sender> by going 
to <send_reply_to>. Please **do not** reply to this e-mail.
----------------------
----------------------

open Lang/<YOUR LANG>/misc.php
----------------------

find
----------------------
'E-mail disclosure note'    =>    'Please note that by using this form, your e-mail address will be disclosed to the recipient.',
----------------------

replace with
----------------------
'E-mail disclosure note'    =>    'Please note that your e-mail address will <strong>not</strong> be disclosed to the recipient.',
----------------------

Plus if there is anything wrong with my approach please let me know.

my mind is on a permanent tangent
byUsers forum

Re: Sudo Private Messaging

sounds like a good idea and may be of use to specific forums.