Topic: My PunBB got tested today!

I run a fansite for Prince, and after the superbowl performance, we had a ridiculous amount of visitors!
Thanks to PunBB, we managed to pull it off perfectly.
We turned off all extra features like avatars, smileys, quick-jump menu and many other features, and it worked brilliantly.

It was fun to see how well the software worked under extreme pressure.

If anyone is interested in the stats, we had about 3000 people online at the same time for a while, and about 600 people online at any time during the last 24 hours.
I'm so glad I'm running PunBB today, with a bloated forum software, the server would have crashed for sure.

Re: My PunBB got tested today!

Prince was awesome, when he sang Purple Rain in the falling rain, it was sort of fitting in an eerie sort of way.

Glad that PunBB held up, lean is mean wink

What sort of server or hosting account are you on?

Dedicated/shared/VPS? It's interesting to know the horsepower you had available to cope.

Endre wrote:

If anyone is interested in the stats, we had about 3000 people online at the same time for a while, and about 600 people online at any time during the last 24 hours.

As in PunBB reported that there were 3000 guests+logged in users? If so, wow. That's probably the most I've ever seen.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Wow, indeed. Prince performed? tongue

Yeah, PunBB reported over 3000 users.
I am on a dedicated server, yes, so we managed to pull off the massive amount of people.
We've got a 64 bit dual core server, but I can't remember the exact info about it.

Ever since the Superbowl we've had 300-900 people online at any given time, and the site has been flowing effortlessly. Only today it's started to slow down a bit, but it's been a good experience.
And given my experience with other software before, I must again say that PunBB was a critical element for me to pull it off!