1 (edited by Rich Pedley 2007-02-13 22:05)

Topic: Subscribe notification problems

This is exacerbated by slow mail deliveries but I believe it currently isn't working on my forum.

Considering that the notifications are sent out when a post is made, what would be the best method to debug this? Because normally the page you want to grab the info on is a redirect page...

or can anyone confirm that the relevant query, i.e.

$result = $db->query('SELECT u.id, u.email, u.notify_with_post, u.language FROM '.$db->prefix.'users AS u INNER JOIN '.$db->prefix.'subscriptions AS s ON u.id=s.user_id LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'forum_perms AS fp ON (fp.forum_id='.$cur_posting['id'].' AND fp.group_id=u.group_id) LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'online AS o ON u.id=o.user_id LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'bans AS b ON u.username=b.username WHERE b.username IS NULL AND COALESCE(o.logged, u.last_visit)>'.$previous_post_time.' AND (fp.read_forum IS NULL OR fp.read_forum=1) AND s.topic_id='.$tid.' AND u.id!='.intval($pun_user['id'])) or error('Unable to fetch subscription info', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

actually works with an SQLite db.

my mind is on a permanent tangent
byUsers forum

Re: Subscribe notification problems

Try enabling debug mode.

If it wasn't working with an SQLite DB, you would be getting an error every time you post
The issue is most likely with mail delivery and spam filters, not with PunBB

elbekko - the redirect hides the messages too quick.

Smartys - mail delivery is the contender, spam filters has been ruled out (well at the receiving end anyway).

Regarding the error, would the redirect hide that though?

[self edit]I'll try and grab the debug info - just remembered how to change the redirect delay.

byUsers forum

and after all that it was the blasted mail delivery problems - 12+ hours which was twice as long as i thought the problem had been.

*sigh*

apologies for jumping the gun, and thanks for the help.

byUsers forum