Topic: Punk music forum

The forums for my site.
Was using a really crappy forum until earlier today.
LINK

Re: Punk music forum

What font is that in the banner? I like it.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Anagram & Arial Black

Thanks.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Looking good ... unusual but nice ...

what forum software were you using ?

i'll list them in order from the most recent to the farthest back i remember
1. xennobb
2. smf
3. some weird smf version
4. phpbb
5. ipb
6. phpbb
7. invisionfree

I just made the switch from xennobb a couple days ago.
What's so unusual about it? :S

I like it because I find color unusual ... didn't see many forums this way ... that makes it unique wink ...

May I ask why you switched ?

Yes, I'd be also interested in your travels on how you arrived at PunBB and why.

Well, I guess I could try to sum it all up real fast.
I got an invisionfree forum when I got my first website. (a free geocities site)
Then I bought a domain and got phpbb cause I liked how it looks  and a lot of it's features.
I eventually wanted a more dynamic site and my php skills were worse than they are now so I got a joomla site and an ipb forum came with it.
Then that wasn't offering what I wanted so I switched back to my own site & phpbb.
Then I got a smf and it got turned into that weird one when i put it into mkportal.
This inspired me to try to build my own cms and so I got a new version of smf.
Then my entire database crashed and I so I figured I might as well look into something new and that's where I found xennobb and I went with that. I liked it cause it was easy to integrate certain things into my site and because it had an smf convertor.
Then there was all this crap on the xennobb forums in the last week so I decided it would be better to switch.
Since xennobb came from punbb and was basically punbb with a few mods it made me decide this would be my best choice.
So I converted my forums and website over to punbb. That's where we're at, nothing too interesting.

its original.. i like it.

!

Emancipator wrote:

its original.. i like it.

Thank you.

I'd  join, but I hate punk wink. Nice forum though.

Haha, thank you. It's not for everyone wink, oh well.
I was kinda hoping I could get some comments on the integration of pun with the rest of the site as well?
Thanks for all your kind words so far!

Looks great, except the background of the navbar is messed up in Firefox.

Oh my, ahah, I had forgotten about that.
I was cleaning up some of my code one time and forgot to fix the images.
Thank you.

The only punk album wortj listening to is The Replacements - Sorry Ma Forgot To Take Out The Trash big_smile ...and Stink. Dont think the bands I like are considered punk so wont be joining, nearest to punk for me is the old NY Dolls or JT's Heartbreakers. I like your colour scheme, pretty funky.

haha...Pirate Love is the only NY Dolls song worth listening to tongue

Okay, I have changed the forum (and site) a lot and was hoping to get opinions on the forum and whatever else.
Peace

personally, I liked your last style better.

I'm going to make the old style one of the pre-sets on the site.