Topic: [Release] Author Update

Version 2.0 has been uploaded: http://punbb.org/download/plugins/AP_Author_Update.zip

This plugin allows admins to change the author of a single post or to transfer all posts by a certain user to another user.

Re: [Release] Author Update

Hello.

Thank you for this plugin. I have just tried it, but I have this error :

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/local/apache/htdocs/.../forum/plugins/AP_Author_Update.php on line 36

Do you know why ?

Thank you.

3 (edited by guardian34 2006-11-19 17:08)

A couple of fixes and additions are already in progress?

Edit: A new version has been uploaded.

Excellent mod. I play three characters in my RP forum and I hate it when I post with the wrong one. This mod saves me the trouble of editting, what is it: 3, 4? database tables. Thank you!

And though unused as of yet, changing one user to another could be very helpful!

5 (edited by cal 2007-02-06 10:48)

I get this error when I am trying to use this plugin.

Warning: ob_start() [ref.outcontrol]: output handler 'ob_gzhandler' cannot be used twice in /glftpd/site/www/nolltid/forum/include/functions.php on line 924

An error was encountered

Error: Unable to fetch post info.

How can I solve this problem?

Not sure what that warning is about (it's coming from inside the `error` function).

As for the actual error, you'll need to repost the error after you turn on debug mode.

7 (edited by cal 2007-02-25 17:04)

This is what it says when Debug Mode is enabled.

Warning: ob_start() [ref.outcontrol]: output handler 'ob_gzhandler' cannot be used twice in
/glftpd/site/www/nolltid/forum/include/functions.php on line 924
=======================================================================
An error was encountered
File: /glftpd/site/www/nolltid/forum/plugins/AP_Author_Update.php
Line: 43

PunBB reported: Unable to fetch post info 

Database reported: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ORDER BY posted LIMIT 1' at line 1 (Errno: 1064)

Awesome mod. Thanks!

Check Maid maid service

Is it possible to make this mod available not only for admins but also for certain (not all) mods?

Renaming the plugin prefix from AP_ to AMP_ will make it available for all the moderators, I don't know if there's a simple way to restrict it to some mods only.

Would anyone happen to know the pgsql version of this line?

$db->query('CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE IF NOT EXISTS '.$db->prefix.'post_counts SELECT poster_id, count(*) as new_num FROM '.$db->prefix.'posts GROUP BY poster_id') or error('Creating temporary table failed', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

It throws a wobbler on trying to synchronise the post counts. big_smile

Cheers,

Matt

Try removing the if not exists, then paste any error you get

Smartys wrote:

Try removing the if not exists, then paste any error you get

Line: 121

PunBB reported: Creating temporary table failed

Database reported: ERROR: syntax error at or near "SELECT" at character 42

Cheers,

Matt

Aha

$db->query('CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE '.$db->prefix.'post_counts AS SELECT poster_id, count(*) as new_num FROM '.$db->prefix.'posts GROUP BY poster_id') or error('Creating temporary table failed', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

Cheers. That has sorted that error. smile

Getting one from the second line after it, (below), now. big_smile

$db->query('UPDATE '.$db->prefix.'users, '.$db->prefix.'post_counts SET num_posts=new_num WHERE id=poster_id') or error('Could not update post counts', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

The error message is:

Line: 125

PunBB reported: Could not update post counts

Database reported: ERROR: syntax error at or near "," at character 19

Thanks.

Matt

$db->query('UPDATE '.$db->prefix.'users SET num_posts=new_num FROM '.$db->prefix.'post_counts WHERE id=poster_id') or error('Could not update post counts', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

Try that

That works beautifully. Thanks. smile Just tested it and it's doing exactly as it should now. smile

Thanks again,

Matt

Thanks Smartys. smile

For me it doesn't grab the right post ID !

e.g. if inserting ID 36 it takes 21, but i can't see any reason why?

How can I change the file to show up the menu on load instead of the textfields?