Topic: This type of CSS elements overview would be nice to see re punBB...

I just came across this while poking about on the Invision site:

http://community.ipslink.com/board/files/ipb22cssguide/

It's a quick visual guide to all the CSS elements used in the Invision 2.2 board, or as they say:

This guide has been created to give you an at-a-glance view of the names of the CSS elements that are used across IP.Board 2.2. The guide has been divided into different sections depending on what area of the board you wish to customise.

Very nice.

It would be very handy if the punBB CSS gurus could do something similar for 1.3 or even 1.2.14.  Would make things much easier and more direct for the rest of us [clumsy and hopeless] CSS amateurs.

That is unless someone has done something like this already.

Re: This type of CSS elements overview would be nice to see re punBB...

there was one in the past but was not updated for the current version. for 1.3 i would hope that this would be done. it is a nice tool.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Actually I don't think its very useful at all. If you just want to do basic cosmetic styling its fine but it tells you nothing about the markup structure. To do any advanced styling you need to now what the tags are and how they are nested. What would be much more useful is an illustrated markup skeleton which shows how each element is actually put together. If you combined that with information about the extension hooks which applied to each section you would have a tool which could be used by skinners and by extension authors.

Any chance such a thing would be in PunXS?