Topic: Posting all messages when sibscribed on topic (not first only)

Is this possible?

Re: Posting all messages when sibscribed on topic (not first only)

I'm sure a mod would be possible - perhaps use the idea of topic review, for say the last 10 posts on the topic.

If it was a 5 page, 300 post topic, I'm sure you wouldn't want every post.

smile

3 (edited by adsh 2004-01-19 22:35)

If I have small forum - why not...

IMHO - it must be customizable.

I don't get it.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I think he means that if he subscribes to a topic, he will receive an email showing what the new post is, that triggered the email. But its possible that he wouldn't remember the context of the message, without seeing the rest of the posts.

Therefore he wants it so that in the email telling him that someone has replied to the topic, it shows all the previous posts in the topic.

I think smile

I think it is how the subscription worked before ... when you got one mail sent for each and every reply in a thread. (not one per visit, but kind of like a mailinglist I guess)

I can say that it quickly added up to alot of mails on a quite small forum wink

Sorry for my bad english sad...

I want - one new reply per topic => one email to subscriber.

Now is - all new reply per topic = > only one email to subscriber.

adsh wrote:

Sorry for my bad english :(...

No need to apologize :)

adsh wrote:

I want - one new reply per topic => one email to subscriber.

Now is - all new reply per topic = > only one email to subscriber.

Might I ask why? If someone has replied to a topic you are subscribed to, you will most likely read it right? Why would you otherwise be subscribed. In my world, it's easier to just click the link in the e-mail and read all the new posts than to open up one e-mail for every new post.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

M-mm. There is Russian / Ukrainian / etc (post USSR users) specific - most of internet users use dial-up and basically use e-mail, not web-travels smile.

And moust of these users going to the forum when they want reply to topic only.

The biggest russian public forum http://forum.ru-board.com/ use subscription for every reply to topic...

I think that this function (post every reply) may be added _optionally_ in admin panel...

hmm ... personally I'd use a mailing list for such items ... as it's really what PunBB becomes more or less...