Topic: sparu.com Forum

sparu.com Forum - uses Minima theme, Sub Forum Mod, PM Mod, and some smaller ones.

Let me know what you think!

Re: sparu.com Forum

nice integration.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

I like it, glad to see Minima being used differently.

what about the copyright to punbb.... humm...

Q

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

5 (edited by naitkris 2007-03-27 17:52)

oh i'll re-add that if that is needed - i have PunBB credited on the About page, there is also a link back to PunBB on the footer of every page of the site (including areas that are not the forum), i have donated to PunBB and contributed to numerous threads with coding help, plus most importantly version 1.3 doesn't have the copyright notice anymore - that and this thread is the only reason i assumed it was ok to edit it to save space but still credit PunBB and link back to the site.

EDIT - anyways i re-added it now - thanks for notifying me quaker

i give credit for all my mods for pun....
http://nalan.org i have modified the footer to include some links.

7 (edited by naitkris 2007-03-27 21:07)

i prefer to keep things minimalistic - that is why i have the Minima style for the Forum - while of course providing credit on the About page of the site to anyone who has helped with the site etc.

everyone is different, but when the author of PunBB removes the copyright from the footer then you can't expect every person to put it back in who creates a forum with PunBB. as long as the link to PunBB is there providing PunBB with return traffic and more users etc then that is what i think the PunBB author expects. nonetheless, i think the copyright notice is a good thing to have and i would have kept it their originally if Rickard hadn't removed it from version 1.3 which is basically telling everyone using 1.2 and below that it is to be removed.

that kewl...

quaker wrote:

that kewl...

smile

any comments on the actual forum integration etc?

looks nice m8.  its cool to see people really integrating it instead of just throwing it on the site.  I've been too lazy to get mine that integrated but the results are nice.

11 (edited by naitkris 2007-03-28 01:24)

thanks MadHatter.

quaker wrote:

i give credit for all my mods for pun....
http://nalan.org i have modified the footer to include some links.

quaker, i don't like to bring this up again, but i am forced to having seen your site there as you yourself left out the copyright for PunBB and yet you have no problem telling others off for it? on both http://nalan.org/ and http://modelcrowd.com/ footer pages you have only "Powered by PunBB© Copyrighted Material 2000?2007 MC" and "Powered by PunBB© Copyrighted Material 2000?2007 Modelcrowd.com" - this is almost the same as what i had originally but i re-added "PunBB © Copyright 2002?2007 Rickard Andersson" as per your comments.

not at all impressed. if you are going to give out advice first make sure you yourself follow it properly.

12 (edited by MadHatter 2007-03-28 02:30)

Rickard has said that he doesn't require the copyright, but appreciates it if you do.  when I first posted my site, folks hung me out to dry for not having it.  being a software engineer myself I can understand someone wanting credit (especially for a free product) but don't understand the zealously active "where's the footer" naysayers that abound. if you were publishing that site so that people could download it the way you have it and removed the credits... that would be one thing, but modifying the forum to fit your site is quite another to me.

I think you're fine leaving it out, but saying its punbb in your about page (and I def. wouldn't add mods / theme credit to that list if it were me) seems to be a nice gesture anyway.  adding the normal footer IMHO would be out of place given your over all user experience.

thanks MadHatter, well aware of all that. quaker has still not replied and his footer on both sites is still the same and not acknowledging copyright to Rickard Andersson - i have no problem with this as Rickard himself has removed the copyright (that is why it was removed on mine and put on the About page with a link still to PunBB on every page) but it is when someone like quaker says you shouldn't remove it but then does it him/herself anyways is what is really annoying.

moving on - any further comments about the Forum and/or site? i know the design is quite plain, i might change that in the future. it is meant to be simple, fast and easy to navigate.

naitkris. the site looks good on the integrations.. and the mods look good.

nalan.org- Powered by PunBB© Copyrighted Material 2000?2007 MC
modelcrowd.com-Powered by PunBB© Copyrighted Material 2000?2007 Modelcrowd.com

the contents of the site news images and other article that i have added and will add belong to me.
the powered by punbb gives a like and i my sself design any form for anyone using punbb.
i have serveral times at the guru's at punbb and punres. if it is ok to post powered by punbb

i have received nothing but yes u cans.
it is simply to give credit where it is due......

if there is any code on my site that anyone needs i do openly share everything that i have modded or created.

im not gripping or talking about anyone .. just simple credit where people can see and want to you punbb.

Q

thanks quaker for the feedback.

regarding the credits, i had almost the exact same thing that you currently have before you complained, PunBB was and still is credited and linked to on every page, as:

http://www.sparu.com/images/footer_button_punbb.png

the About page also credits PunBB and Patrik - which your site does not do at all. regardless, this discussion is over, i just hope you don't go complaining about others when they do the exact same as you and it is perfectly fine to do.

sorry, i didnt mean to complaining... that not what i tried to do....

Q