Topic: Embedding using Iframes

Hi I have been setting up using this forums software today and I have embedded it into my page using iframes
(if there is a better way to do it please tell me)
but anyway what I want (and can't seem to work out how to do) is to set up the page so that my page length will adjust with the forum rather than having to do it like this: http://www.iggpog22.com/HTML_files/iggpog22/forumc.html
(btw I am not a websitedesigner like it says. go home page you see it says i just do for fun)

thank you for any assistance

Re: Embedding using Iframes

punbb is easy to embed in your existing site without using an inline frame.  take the html for a normal page, open up your main.tpl and paste in the body contents from main.tpl into the content area of your normal page. then copy that whole page, and past it into your main.tpl (overwrite everything--be sure to back things up), save or upload.  then the forums will show up inside your website when you go to yoursite.com/forums (assuming you've placed the forum in a folder named forum) the same way it does .

ok I will try this thank you

but if the serverspace has no php, than an iframe is the only way, or am i false...?

Andy D wrote:

but if the serverspace has no php, than an iframe is the only way, or am i false...?

Iframes don't replace PHP: you can of course embed a page from a server that allows PHP in a page on a server that doesn't using iframes.

6 (edited by 02cspearson 2007-04-05 19:44)

Ok I have done the changing the main.tpl thing but all my images do not seem to display
http://www.iggpog22.com/ig2bb/upload/
when you right click and select view image you can see the images
any assistance would be great

oh i have just noticed the links are not working either
I am new to all this so forgive me for my misunderstanding

02cspearson wrote:

Ok I have done the changing the main.tpl thing but all my images do not seem to display
http://www.iggpog22.com/ig2bb/upload/
when you right click and select view image you can see the images
any assistance would be great

That's because the program you used change all the paths to absolute paths on your harddrive (so the images can be seen by you and nobody else).

ok thanks I am using dreamweaver is there someway I can make it more cooperative?

Don't use it? tongue
Seriously though, a regular text-editor like Notepad or Wordpad works fine for editing PHP files and doesn't do all the crazy stuff that Dreamweaver is prone to do. You can even download slightly more advanced programs for free (ie: I use a program called Notepad2, which has line numbers, syntax highlighting, etc)

02cspearson wrote:

ok thanks I am using dreamweaver is there someway I can make it more cooperative?

by not using the file browser features of dw.  just type the images in as relative paths (whether they exist on your local computer or not), or edit the files on the server using the ftp site manager.

ok i'll try working on this thanks all (more suggestion still welcome, who knows maybe somone will come up with a no effort solution)