Topic: PunBB 1.2.15

It's time for a new security and bug fix update to PunBB 1.2. This time around, we've dealt with quite a few bugs, annoyances and security issues. There are no extremely urgent fixes in 1.2.15, but as usual, we recommend that everyone update. You'll notice that most of PunBB's scripts are affected by the update, so if you've made lots of modifications to your install, I recommend using the patch to update your source. If not, just grab the changed files archive and unpack it over your current install. Please note that the template files have been updated to include the xmlns attribute for the html tag, so be careful if you've made any changes to your .tpl files. All related files can be found on the downloads page.

Thanks to DarkFig and Gary13579 for giving us time to fix a few security problems and thanks to anyone else who has reported any issues.

Edit: At the moment, neither the changelog nor the patch/hdiff files are done. I'll sort that out when I get back from work.
Edit2: The changelog and the patches/hdiffs are now up.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Re: PunBB 1.2.15

When Hdiff will be ready ? I need to update my forums manually roll

Darmowe forum - Polish free forum hosting

tomekf wrote:

When Hdiff will be ready ? I need to update my forums manually roll

When he gets back from work

thanks for the update

Just getting ahead of the curve: Is this 1.3? Why isn't this 1.3? Where can I get 1.3? When 1.3 will be ready?!

Patch isn't on the server..

The document name you requested (/download/patch/punbb-1.2.14_to_1.2.15.patch) could not be found on this server. However, we found documents with names similar to the one you requested

lament wrote:

The document name you requested (/download/patch/punbb-1.2.14_to_1.2.15.patch) could not be found on this server. However, we found documents with names similar to the one you requested

roll Have you read Rickard's post ?

Rickard wrote:

At the moment, neither the changelog nor the patch/hdiff files are done. I'll sort that out when I get back from work.

Creating patches and hdiffs now...

Edit: Done. Now, to write the changelog.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

yemgi wrote:
lament wrote:

roll Have you read Rickard's post ?

Rickard wrote:

At the moment, neither the changelog nor the patch/hdiff files are done. I'll sort that out when I get back from work.

he updated that after I posted.

lament wrote:

he updated that after I posted.

Actually, no. I added that just a few seconds after I initially posted the topic smile

10 (edited by Reines 2007-04-11 16:47)

Urgh my forum is heavily modded, im too lazy these days tongue

Thanks for the update smile

I did the upgrade manually with the hdiff ... takes a few minutes, but it works now wink  (and I still follow my personal 'upgrade within 24h since release' rule) wink

There, changelog up as well.

Reines wrote:

Urgh my forum is heavily modded, im too lazy these days tongue

Thanks for the update smile

Try running the patch. You'll be surprised how well it goes. If you're hesitant, at least try running a "dry-run". Check the man page for more details.

you forgot to update http://punbb.org/latest_version  tongue

sorry for my english

Thank you for update in Hdiff smile

just noticed a little spelling error, its in 1.2.14 aswell...

in header.php, you have
// START SUBST - <pun_page>

then under that it says

// END SUBST - <pun_title>

instead of

// END SUBST - <pun_page>

I have question about index in table online. Now phpmyadmin says:

UNIQUE and INDEX keys should not both be set for column `user_id`

Is it correct ?

Mannungo wrote:

you forgot to update http://punbb.org/latest_version  tongue

Whoops smile Fixed now.

Mark wrote:

just noticed a little spelling error, its in 1.2.14 aswell...

in header.php, you have
// START SUBST - <pun_page>

then under that it says

// END SUBST - <pun_title>

instead of

// END SUBST - <pun_page>

Yeah, we know about it, but we decided not to fix it (it's fixed in 1.3). We want to keep the updates for 1.2 as small as possible.

tomekf wrote:

Is it correct ?

Hmm. Let me look into this. If anything, we have a redundant index, but it's not something to worry about.

Jérémie wrote:

Just getting ahead of the curve: Is this 1.3? Why isn't this 1.3? Where can I get 1.3? When 1.3 will be ready?!

Due to the overwhelming love for the PunBB 1.2.x series, the release of 1.3 has been postponed wink

Rickard wrote:
tomekf wrote:

Is it correct ?

Hmm. Let me look into this. If anything, we have a redundant index, but it's not something to worry about.

That's a warning as far as I know, and as far as my research goes it's untrue due to the fact that online is a heap table (it would be redundant if it were a MyISAM table)

Pardon the ignoprant question, but my knowledge of php is very basic. (Only enough to install mods !)

When I update to 1.2.15 using the changefiles, of course this will wipe out most, if not all of my installed mods, right ?
What is the best way to update in order to minimise the work I hve to do to repair all of the mods ?

Landen Meadows Residents Forum - http://www.landenmeadows.net

hdiff

Smartys wrote:

hdiff

Thanks. Oh god this is going to take me ages sad

Landen Meadows Residents Forum - http://www.landenmeadows.net

Changelog:

*  Beefed up the referrer check in admin/options.

What is this?

New Friendly web-shop! • SO happy with PunBB! • Now punBB 1.4.x on ALL forums (won't tell how many or their addresses to avoid spam-regs)

Suggestion::
Bottom footer "© Copyright 2002?2005 Rickard Andersson" should be 2007

New Friendly web-shop! • SO happy with PunBB! • Now punBB 1.4.x on ALL forums (won't tell how many or their addresses to avoid spam-regs)

wil be gone in 1.3.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more