Topic: mark topics and forums as read

Hello,
I've used before phpbb, ipb, vbulletin, and i can only say that punbb is truly convincing at first sight!
My problem is that when i (or somebody else) wrote a messeage, it still marked as unreaded after i read it! The forum and the topic are too.
Why is that?

My phpinfo:
http://matuska.extra.hu/phpinfo.php

Re: mark topics and forums as read

Hmm the situation is the same at here too. I've tried with opera and with firefox.

PunBB 1.2's read/unread tracking actually marks simply that a topic has been posted in since your last visit. PunBB 1.3 (the version currently under development) will have full read/unread tracking (which is the behavior you're used to). There is at least one mod which will add full read/unread tracking, you can find it over at PunRes

Ohh. I dont know this. Thank you for the info and help! smile

It works that way by design; "unread posts" aren't marked -- "new posts since your last visit" are.

The upcoming version of PunBB (1.3) will mark "unread posts" instead.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

I found Mark topics as read 1.1.3 and install_mod.php tell me:

You are running a version of PunBB (1.2.15) that this mod does not support. This mod supports PunBB versions: 1.2.5

Is it safe to remove the check from install_mod.php and install it?

kukacomone wrote:

I found Mark topics as read 1.1.3 and install_mod.php tell me:

You are running a version of PunBB (1.2.15) that this mod does not support. This mod supports PunBB versions: 1.2.5

Is it safe to remove the check from install_mod.php and install it?

Yes, either modifying or removing it will be fine.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

8 (edited by kukacomone 2007-04-22 20:58)

Ok, thank you.
I've just learnd do not log out when maintenance mode is on. big_smile

edit:

turn_off_maintenance_mode.php

coool big_smile

Smartys wrote:

PunBB 1.2's read/unread tracking actually marks simply that a topic has been posted in since your last visit. PunBB 1.3 (the version currently under development) will have full read/unread tracking (which is the behavior you're used to). There is at least one mod which will add full read/unread tracking, you can find it over at PunRes

how come i'll post in a thread then it'll be marked as new?

Because as I said, in 1.2 your last visit is based on the last time you logged out/your online session timed out. It's not based on actually reading the topics.

oh, weird. didn't understand that, i guess. i'll have to read the punbb code again.

thanks