Topic: Moved Domain

I moved my forum, it seems to work, I can post new topics, but when editing I get:

Bad HTTP_REFERER. You were referred to this page from an unauthorized source. If the problem persists please make sure that 'Base URL' is correctly set in Admin/Options and that you are visiting the forum by navigating to that URL. More information regarding the referrer check can be found in the PunBB documentation.

Even though I did change the URL in the admin section, it still remember the old. I have no idea where exactly to edit this in the DB, I do have access through phpmyadmin, but can´t find where I change the URL in the DB.

Thanks

2 (edited by towelie 2007-05-26 20:57)

Re: Moved Domain

That means that the page you are submitting a form from is not the originally intended source for forms to be submitted. This is to eliminate certain exploits that could be dangerous due to hacking attempts. If there is no referrer then someone could technically create their own form and submit almost any data they wish if they have the skill set, and wreak havoc on a website. I did this today actually lol!

- I could be wrong in this case because it relates to punbb. But I know that referrers are used in the way I mentioned.

towelie: That's right.
wii: If you edited it manually in the databse, you need to delete cache_config.php in the cache directory

Smartys, I couldn´t find the exact location in the DB, can you help. I did delete the cache.

config table, o_base_url is the value for conf_name

I see the o_base_url now - but how do I edit it ?

update prefixconfig set conf_value="http://www.sitename.com/path/to/forum" where conf_name="o_base_url"

replace prefix with your database prefix
and delete cache_config.php after

Got it - OMG, this is not very userfriendly for most people who doesn´t know phpmyadmin very well,

Oh well, it works now - thanks

wii wrote:

Got it - OMG, this is not very userfriendly for most people who doesn´t know phpmyadmin very well,

Oh well, it works now - thanks

Well, if you changed the URL before moving it wouldn't be an issue wink
But it's a moot point, 1.3 doesn't rely on the referrer anymore

Hey there,

I made an error on my munBB 1.2.15.

Indeed, i changed url on settings by a bad url, and i don't know how to resolve this issue ...

After many times, I deleted the url table on config database and i don't know at all how to recreate it with correct url. I don't have any skills on sql.

Now on settings url field is empty ...

Anyboddy for help please ?

mysql version: 5

Best regards

Err, there's no URL table wink
Assuming you deleted that row in the config table, you'll need to execute the following query:

insert into prefixconfig (conf_name, conf_value) values ('o_base_url', 'http://www.site.com/path/to/forum')

where prefix is your database prefix and http://www.site.com/path/to/forum is the proper base URL
and then delete your cache_config.php file from the cache directory

Work very well. Thanks for your help smile