Re: Move Post 1.3 + Merge Topics

A bit difficult to do that, because this is the way how PunBB works ... If i want to do that the only way is to delete the post you want to move and to recreate it with a new id in order to get the whished sort ... Not impossible of course but not very relevant in many case. I keep in mind but I don't promiss anything.

Hmm
That's really a separate mod altogether, one that allows you to change the order of posts. A merge should simply merge.
In any case, you could modify the order by statement to be something like "order by post_order asc, time asc"
post_order would be int(10) unsigned and have a default of 0. The script could calculate the proper order of posts and set the value of post_order accordingly. Then, moving posts around simply involves changing its post_order.

103 (edited by Ahmed 2007-07-18 00:45)

Main problem with this only one way (by date and time) sorting posts is that if I create new topic to move all older posts which is about this topic theme, then I can not have some 2-3 first posts as topic introduction, becouse older posts will move before them...

Also, what about "mass move" as it is in "Compete manager of posts"?

"Compete manager of posts"

What is it ?

If I understand well you want to select few posts and move all the selected post in one operation. Is planned this for onr of nexts versions but I'm not really good to work with the array, so in anyone is interested to help or better wink to do it, he is very welcome smile

Small bug - when I move post from topic in one forum to topic in another forum, and this post was last in source forum, info about last post on main page does not updated

fpouget wrote:

What is it ?

If I understand well you want to select few posts and move all the selected post in one operation. Is planned this for onr of nexts versions but I'm not really good to work with the array, so in anyone is interested to help or better wink to do it, he is very welcome smile

http://www.punres.org/viewtopic.php?id=541&p=1
But it doesnt work for me. And I guess it is older than MovePost and not updated. I used movepost to move some 200-300 posts... Lot of mikromanagment...

falconflyz wrote:
minis wrote:

is it possible to move several posts at the same time?

fpouget wrote:

Yes and no ...
Yes because you can move all the posts from the topic in one move.
No because you can not select between the differents posts the ones you want to move and the ones not. In this case you need to do as much "move" as post you need to move.

Hope this will be helpfull !

Hi fpouget
Thanks for this great mod.
Just a suggestion for a future revision:
Instead of putting the command "| Move |" in each post, could not you use the native method of "Move topic" and put it in the menu in bottom on the left close to:

Delete multiple posts
Move topic
Close topic
Stick topic

What would perhaps then make it possible to be able to select several posts to be moved into only once.

Regards

fpouget wrote:

Thanks ! Is probably something to do but so far I don't have the time to focus on. May be for the next release with the new PunBB 1.3. If ever someone want to do it please do it wink

Ahmed wrote:
fpouget wrote:

What is it ?

http://www.punres.org/viewtopic.php?id=541&p=1
But it doesnt work for me. And I guess it is older than MovePost and not updated. I used movepost to move some 200-300 posts... Lot of mikromanagment...

Yes it is possible to move different posts in one operation with "Compete manager of posts" and it is nice. But This mod doesn't update datebase for last topics, posters...
As Punbb 1.3  is very slow to arrive it will be nice to also envisage this possibility on the MOD "Move Post"

it will be in the next release of Move Post. You can test it there : http://georezo.net/demo
login/pass: demo/demo

109 (edited by binczu 2007-09-29 14:47)

whe i click on move

Warning: main(./lang/Polish/movepost.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/boardh2o/public_html/movepost.php on line 64

Warning: main(./lang/Polish/movepost.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/boardh2o/public_html/movepost.php on line 64

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required './lang/Polish/movepost.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/boardh2o/public_html/movepost.php on line 64

Any idea?

but works for eng language

ok i do
works now Thabks!

You have to create the file ./lang/Polish/movepost.php
copy the one that is in the English folder and translate it to Polish

Hi yemgi
Nice Job! Hoping that this new release will be soon available.
Regards

I translate the movepost.php in lang from english to polish:

<?php

// Language definitions used in the mod "Move Post" 1.2

$lang_movepost = array(

'Mod move post'            =>    '[Move Post 1.2] - Move a post by BiNcZu',
'Intro'                    =>    'Ta modyfikacja umo?liwia przeniesienie do innego watku wybranego posta lub te? wszystkich postów z modyfikowanego watka. Mo?liwe jest równie? utworzenie nowego watka, w którym przenoszony post b?dzie postem rozpoczynaj?cym nowa dyskusj?.',

'Introduction'                =>    'Objasnienie',
'Create topic'                =>    'Utwórz nowy watek',
'Move post'                =>    'Wybierz watek',

'Original topic'            =>    'Bie?acy watek:',
'Original forum'            =>    'Bie?ace forum:',
'Select forum'                =>    'Mo?esz wybra? nowe forum dla tego posta:',
'Move all posts'            =>    'Przenies wszystkie posty nale?ace do tego watka',

'Explain move all posts'        =>    'Bie?acy wstek zostanie usuni?ty.',
'Explain create topic'        =>    'Aby utworzy? nowy watek wpisz jego tytu? w polu poni?ej:',
'Explain move post plain'            =>    'Podaj ID watku ',
'Explain move post radio'            =>    'lub wybie? watek poni?ej',

'Last'                    =>    'Ostatni post',
'Poster'                    =>    'Autor',

'Bad topic'                =>    'Nie znlaleziono watku',
'Bad new topic'            =>    'Pole nie moze by? puste',

'Mark move redirect'        =>    'Post zostal przeniesiony do wybranego watku. Redirecting …'

);

Enjoy wink

Life is Good big_smile

I tried to use the last movepost with 1.2.15 but doesn't work. Or maybe i did something that didn't work..?

It seems to be some limits. When you need to select caterogies, it show only ~100, and you can't choose older topics.

Will this mod work for PunBB 1.2.16 ?

Thanks!

Please read before posting...

http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=10518

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

Many Thanks. Sorry I missed it. Been reading for an hour now and didn't catch this one.

I installed the mod yesterday and it seems to work except for one issue. There are two dead links above the first post which occurs in every topic. (see photo below)

The "Index" link goes to a "not found" page at this url:

http://www.shakuhachiforum.com/DOCUME%7 … /index.php

The "Forum Category" or in this case "Ji-nashi" link goes to a "not found" page at this url:

http://www.shakuhachiforum.com/DOCUME%7 … .php?id=35

I know it's got to be something simple but I can't figure out the flub. Any ideas?

Thanks loads!

Ken

http://www.mujitsu.com/images/deadlinks.jpg

Seems like I figured it out. For some reason the "viewtopic.php" file had some bad url's. I re-loaded "viewtopic.php" from my backup (which didn't have the bad url's) after changing line 289. Looks like it's working smoothly.

Thanks for a great mod!

Ken

For an obscur reason i wasn't subscribed anymore to this topic since july. sad  Is why i didn't followed the chats...
1.3 is coming I'm thinking hard on it wink

minis wrote:

It seems to be some limits. When you need to select caterogies, it show only ~100, and you can't choose older topics.

????? I don't understand where is the limit ...

Cheers

121 (edited by fpouget 2008-02-16 12:45)

1.3 is out  !

Hope the new features will be helpfull :
- Select several post and move them in one step (thanks to 505)
- Merge several topics in one step. All the topics should be merge within the oldest selected topic.

This 1.3 version in not related to PunBB 1.3 Is only for the 1.2.* smile

demo
download

Thanks much for this mod. I think there is minor error in latest 1.3 (16-02-2008) package.  This line:

<form id="movepost_move" method="post" action="movepost.php?<?php echo (isset($post_ids)?'ids='.$post_ids:'id='.$post_id) ?>"><? if ($new_fid) echo '&new_fid='.$new_fid;?>">

Should probably be:

<form id="movepost_move" method="post" action="movepost.php?<?php echo (isset($post_ids)?'ids='.$post_ids:'id='.$post_id) ?><? if ($new_fid) echo '&new_fid='.$new_fid;?>">

There's an extra form closing quote and tag when $new_fid exists. You can this in the current demo site too. I'm also seeing random "Invalid Code" messages when submitting the move posts form. It doesn't happen all the time, and I haven't been able to figure out what causes it yet.

But again, thanks very much for developing this. I'm new to punBB and didn't feel comfortable putting up PunBB v1.3 beta yet, but definitely need the move posts functionality.