Topic: Error Code when uploading a Picture

Hello,

I have an error when i upload a picture in profile. It works but i see this error.

Warning: getimagesize(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp/phpH0NScc) is not within the allowed path(s): (/www/cdjreiden.lu/html) in /www/cdjreiden.lu/html/website/forum/profile.php on line 357

Warning: getimagesize(/tmp/phpH0NScc): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /www/cdjreiden.lu/html/website/forum/profile.php on line 357

How can i fix this error?

Kind regards
Mippo

2 (edited by Gribber 2004-02-12 13:18)

Re: Error Code when uploading a Picture

I´m not sure but i think you maybe can use ini_set to change upload_tmp_dir to something inside your allowed path.

Edit: you can´t use ini_set, must be defined in php.ini or httpd.conf (PHP_INI_SYSTEM)

Edit2: maybe i should read everything in your post before i answer, ignore me :)

3 (edited by Louis 2004-02-12 15:06)

"If accessing the filename image is impossible, or if it isn't a valid picture, getimagesize()  will return FALSE and generate a warning."
? PHP Documentation

Your hosting provider or system admin may have restrictions on which directories can use "includes."

Run phpinfo.php (see below) and do a find on "open_basedir." If the setting is something other than "no value" then you might have to [change upload_tmp_dir] to the directory shown. Check with your hosting provider.

To create "phpinfo.php"
Create a text file containing only these three lines:

<?php 
phpinfo(); 
?> 

Upload this file to your server and go to it via the browser. The output to the screen will display a lot of helpful information about your PHP installation, as well as your web server and mySQL.

Hope it helps,

Louis.

(Posted with assistance from this DotWidgets Support Article)

You can also try creating a file called .htaccess with the following contents:

php_value upload_tmp_dir /path/to/your/avatar/dir/

Save the file in your forum root directory.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I talked with my service provider he had restrictions on which directories can use "includes."

He fixed it and it works

Thank you very much.

Mippo

You're welcome. One down, one to go ;)