Re: README: About feature requests

If you observe there is no forum that makes possible the search of URLs from posts in the search module.
I think this is a very important Feature !

52 (edited by Resak 2007-07-22 10:35)

Hey!

¿Is there any way to add bold, italic and basic text formatting to the posts with buttons (not writting BBCode)?
I've searched ir but I can't find it.
If don't, you could add the basic text formatting options in buttons like bold, italic, lists, blockquotes, code quotes, etc.

Thx a lot. smile

Easy BBCode modification

Hello.

I'm new here and I want to create a page using PhuBB but I have a question.

I have seen many sites that use your program but something I read ( and I've red sooooooooo much this week end) is that it doesn't support chat areas?

I looked at one site and I like the way it is set up, so I e-mailed the founder and asked about the program they used. They said:
====================================================================================
"( the site uses) a software called Pun Frontpage. It's a modification to the forum PunBB, which is a customizable and lightweight forum that I really like. It's good for supporting large communities with a lot of traffic.

The downside to the specific solution that I use is that it's not being developed or supported anymore. So you need to know a few things about tweaking the code if you want to make changes.

It works well with the default settings tho. "
======================================================================================

So Pun Front page is no more? And Pun BB doesn't support a chat area?
For what I need, I realy HAVE 2 HAVE a CHAT area! :^o

Also, how much room does the program use on a PC? I have a lot of graphic art work on my PC and the HD is really full so I know I'll have to back a lot of files up and move them so thing won't run so slow.

Any suggestions / ideas / feedback?

8ii8

ButtrflyGirl: please ask your question in a new topic.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Textpattern integration?

I'm old school (can you say PDP-11, RT-11 and FORTRAN?) and have always followed the K.I.S.S. principle in my software engineering career. Although relatively new to this whole new web dev tech thing, I've been doing my homework to catch up: (learning XHTML, CSS, DOM/JS, PHP, MySQL, Hijax, etc). However, to save me from having to re-invent the wheel, I'd like to incorporate some cream of the crop open source packages - and there seem to be many to choose from. And in my mind, the only way to fly is with simple, clean (maintainable) code that is small, fast and WC3 valid. Both punBB (forum) and Textpattern (CMS) appear to fit this criteria nicely. But it would sure be nice if they played well together and shared one common user authentication method. Also, comments to a TxP article could automatically create a new associated punBB thread topic. And the use of textile (in addition to BBCode) in punBB would be nice too. I've searched both here and on the TxP forum and read some threads showing interest in this TxP/punBB union. So what's the latest on this?

Or is Textpattern falling by the wayside?

ridgerunner: Please ask your question in a new topic

Hi

Any chance of having the bbcode extended i.e justify etc etc

I've searched both here and on the TxP forum and read some threads showing interest in this TxP/punBB union.
sonnerie portable gratuite

how can I add more BB codes like youtube ?

thanks in advance!

61 (edited by Mindaugas 2011-01-20 07:49)

i think you are right that it would make he upgrade painfull and time consuming. becuz you'll have to do the update than hope that the mods work with the new virsion, than you'll have to install those mods

Hi everyone !

I writed in the PunBB's Discussion section world and i'm looking for an extension or a way to display thumbnails of pictures posted on topic.

Is there any way to do that ?

Like that :

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/8306/20090611174011.jpg

Or a forum style looking like a gallery (it could be awesome)

Thx

But apparently PunBB is not able to do that ... strange

My opinion, PunBB is the best...

I can start out with "just a forum" and a nice simple layout. I can choose what and install features I want for my forum and have only those features I use. Everything is minimum
and just simply awesome.

Right phpbb, invision, etc. has those heavily customized and graphical stuff but there's just so much. Of all the mods they have, you might not even use three-fourths of it!

PunBB is awesome!

I think that our develop platform  in Mobile application

I think this is a good topic! neutral

Not sure if it has been posted before, but I'd REALLY like to see a "collapse topic" mod for 1.4.1   

My forum, by necessity, has two very large topics.  One has 50 forums under it, and the other has over 250 forums under it.  To scroll to the bottom of the forum is a giant pain in the ass. I'd love it if this mod would have the ability to set the default setting to "collapsed" and be designed in such as way that the typical forum user KNOWS that the topics are collapsed and KNOWS how to expand the topics without being confused.

@Intelifuel, try this http://punbb.ru/downloads/v14/fancy_toggle_cats.zip

No chats. No frontpage.

Just downloaded and installed - awesome!
One problem though - I can see the square where I am supposed to click to collapse the topics - but it doesn't work. 

My forum is located at -http://www.intelifuel.com/forum/index.php

punBB version 1.4.1 on SQlite with jquery...

install fancy_jquery_addons: https://github.com/dimkalinux/Fancy-Ext … all/master
Discussion here: http://punbb.informer.com/forums/topic/ … ogglecats/

Frigging SWEET! 
1) You guys rock.
2) Thanks!

This makes my forum MUCH more enjoyable.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you

I like punbb