Topic: Release: PunBB E-Texteditor / Textmate bundle 1.0.0

As I was reading trough the "What editor do you use for PHP?" thread here at the PunBB forums, I encountered a very basic Textmate bundle by guardian34. This got me thinking, why not start working on a more expansive bundle, with most of the commonly used functions, variables and things like database queries. As I was on vacation and got sick, I started getting tired of not having a internet connection and figured that I'd start working on this. While there still is things that could be expanded upon and added to it, it contains a lot of what I use the most (and some I don't ever use).

http://www.getyeflask.com/uploads/menus.png

Most of the functions available in this bundle should be pretty obvious to figure out, but I took a few screenshots of two things that you might not notice: Array key tooltips for all the default $lang_whatever variables + $pun_config. I just thought it would be nice to do this, as I frequently forget the key name I need if I don't have the lang file open already.

Just press [ALT]+[H] when in the [''] part of the variable ($lang_common['<cursor here>']).
http://www.getyeflask.com/uploads/lang_tooltip.png

http://www.getyeflask.com/uploads/pun_config_tooltip.png

REQUIREMENTS:
* E-Texteditor or Textmate.
* A working PHP installation (php must be available in the PATH). This only applies for commands like the var tooltips etc.

NOTE:
As I do not own a Mac, I have not been able to test this with Textmate. E-Texteditor bundles is compatible with Textmate though, so it should work just fine. If not, please let me know.

DOWNLOAD:
Zipped archive (On windows, extract to %APPDATA%\e\Bundles\): PunBB bundle 1.0.0 (36 KB).
SVN access (folder goes to the same place as the zip archive above: http://www.getyeflask.com/svn/punbb_tmbundle/

Re: Release: PunBB E-Texteditor / Textmate bundle 1.0.0

Looks nice.

e seems nice. It's beta status quite shows, but the project is very interesting.

Jérémie wrote:

e seems nice. It's beta status quite shows, but the project is very interesting.

Yes, it does show that it's a beta product but I find that I'm a lot more productive when using it compared to most other editors. I do think some of the problems one might attribute to the beta status of E is actually limitations of Cygwin that it uses for bundle compatibility. Cygwin needs unicode builds fast, as that is what have been causing the most problems for me (well, aside from the damned milestones feature messing things up at times, if you use it).

Neh... when I say ?it shows?... well, it shows. I just installed the trial, I created a new file and try to save it. I got an error, the file is created with the name at the location but is empty.

Jérémie wrote:

Neh... when I say “it shows”... well, it shows. I just installed the trial, I created a new file and try to save it. I got an error, the file is created with the name at the location but is empty.

Strange...I've experienced many different minor and major problems over the various releases since I started using it, but that's one I've never encountered (thankfully). Have you reported it to Alexander over at the E forums?

CodeXP wrote:

As I was reading trough the "What editor do you use for PHP?" thread here at the PunBB forums, I encountered a very basic Textmate bundle by guardian34. This got me thinking, why not start working on a more expansive bundle, with most of the commonly used functions, variables and things like database queries.

Good idea. smile

CodeXP wrote:

As I do not own a Mac, I have not been able to test this with Textmate. E-Texteditor bundles is compatible with Textmate though, so it should work just fine. If not, please let me know.

It does work fine with TextMate once it's loaded. However, before I loaded it, I changed the uuid of your bundle to something else because it was the same as mine (I think it would've merged the two bundles together, which I didn't want).

FWIW, I just made a new (temporary) bundle and copied the uuid from that (9345B070-717F-44A9-A4B9-6D58DD28C394).

guardian34 wrote:
CodeXP wrote:

As I was reading trough the "What editor do you use for PHP?" thread here at the PunBB forums, I encountered a very basic Textmate bundle by guardian34. This got me thinking, why not start working on a more expansive bundle, with most of the commonly used functions, variables and things like database queries.

Good idea. smile

CodeXP wrote:

It does work fine with TextMate once it's loaded. However, before I loaded it, I changed the uuid of your bundle to something else because it was the same as mine (I think it would've merged the two bundles together, which I didn't want).

FWIW, I just made a new (temporary) bundle and copied the uuid from that (9345B070-717F-44A9-A4B9-6D58DD28C394).

Thanks for reporting. I'll update the SVN repo right away, in case anyone have both bundles installed. It does have the same UUID, as first installed yours, then removed the snippets and made my own ones. The problem is that the E bundle editor doesn't let you chance that, so I forgot to manually edit the xml file smile

So you did not have any problem with it on textmate? Great to hear, as I was slightly worried as a few of the commands contains both a Mac and Windows specific version, because Cygwin and Windows native installations of PHP did not work perfectly together all the time.

I'd also change the shortcut for the language array tooltip to something else (Ctrl+H is already used by the PHP bundle for documentation lookup).

guardian34 wrote:

I'd also change the shortcut for the language array tooltip to something else (Ctrl+H is already used by the PHP bundle for documentation lookup).

ALT+H you mean? Yes, I am aware of that, and it's actually part of why I used it. The lang array tooltip shortcut is only available within the source.php string.quoted, string.quoted.single.php, string.quoted.double.php scopes, so I don't really think it will conflict (well, I suppose in theory it could in the string.quoted.double.php scope). It could possibly cause some confusion though, so I'll change it if you think it'll help smile

CodeXP wrote:

ALT+H you mean?

No, it's Control on my machine.

CodeXP wrote:

The lang array tooltip shortcut is only available within the source.php string.quoted, string.quoted.single.php, string.quoted.double.php scopes ... It could possibly cause some confusion though, so I'll change it if you think it'll help smile

Er, I missed that earlier. It's your call on what shortcut to use. smile

Jérémie wrote:

Just thought I'd let you know that E is no longer a beta product smile A lot of improvements have been done over these last few builds, and I'm really happy with it so far...