Topic: Pun Front page is no more? And Pun BB doesn't support a chat area?

Hello

OK...lets try this again :^}

I'm new here and I want to create a page using PhuBB but I have a question.

I have seen many sites that use your program but something I read ( and I've red sooooooooo much this week end) is that it doesn't support chat areas?

I looked at one site and I like the way it is set up, so I e-mailed the founder and asked about the program they used. They said:
====================================================================================
"( the site uses) a software called Pun Frontpage. It's a modification to the forum PunBB, which is a customizable and lightweight forum that I really like. It's good for supporting large communities with a lot of traffic.

The downside to the specific solution that I use is that it's not being developed or supported anymore. So you need to know a few things about tweaking the code if you want to make changes.

It works well with the default settings tho. "
======================================================================================

So Pun Front page is no more? And Pun BB doesn't support a chat area?
For what I need, I realy HAVE 2 HAVE a CHAT area! :^o

Also, how much room does the program use on a PC? I have a lot of graphic art work on my PC and the HD is really full so I know I'll have to back a lot of files up and move them so thing won't run so slow.

Any suggestions / ideas / feedback?

8ii8

Re: Pun Front page is no more? And Pun BB doesn't support a chat area?

Have you checked these out?
Frontpage PunBB
AJAX Chat

There is a chatbox for PunBB, check on PunRes.
PunBB files only use a few hundred kilos on the disk, it is the database that uses more space, it grows with the number of posts.
PunBB runs on a webserver, not on your computer unless you use your computer as a webserver.

to guardian34  & yemgi

thanks for the heads up. I'lll check it out.

Now to get busy with my page smile

8ii8

Moved to PunBB Discussion