Topic: PHPXref.net

Last night I went ahead and installed PunBB at PHPXref.net

The forum at .net is being used to keep a record of when I add or update a PHP cross reference at PHPXref.com.

I wanted a place to store changelogs from projects and PunBB is excellent for this, copy/paste from anywhere renders the post exactly as it looks in the source. Amazing parser Rickard has coded in PunBB.

Since I started last night, I only have 100 projects entered, with 160 left to go. It's been slow going since changelogs can be anywhere:
a) Included as a text file in the download
b) Included as an html file in the download
c) A news post on the project's site
d) In a forum post on the project's site
e) In a wiki on the project's site
d) In the notes on Sourceforge

Once all the projects have been entered, I'll use extern.php to pull off the latest posts into the front end sections. Voila, an instant record of when an app was updated, that's why the forum is divided by sections. I'm entering the changelogs in the order of when I added them to the front end, still going through January.

The forum is running the default Sulfur style, I'll decide on a new look when 1.3 is released. One of the changes I made was for the Google ads in main.tpl, gotta get those spiders crawling. I made sure that any style changes also change the color of the ads, borrowed the example Rickard posted on the forum and enhanced it a little.

To head off the copyright remarks, yes I did remove the copyright, I like customizing my footer. As a peace offering, I put title="Copyright" on the PunBB link, just hover your mouse over it and it's there for all to see.

Another PunBB forum goes online - you have to see it for yourself wink

Re: PHPXref.net

Very nice project you have going there. Must have been a pain to do the initial "import" smile

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Thanks Rickard, PunBB fits the task rather well.

I'm still doing the "import", I have about 30 projects left but I've gotten good at finding changelogs by now wink

This is really amazing.  Great job, hcgtv!

sweet site. keep up the hard work! holla if ya need any intergrations between wp and punbb and other stuff!
Q

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

cytexone, thanks for kind words.

quaker, thanks for the offer. I'm in the process of integrating Textpattern and Plogger with PunBB at the moment.