Topic: Login with IE

When me and other users login to my forum using IE, it says sucessfully loged in then when it redirects, it logs them out, this works fine with firefox but not with IE.
Thanks.

Re: Login with IE

Clear your cookies

have, didnt work

http://punbb.org/docs/faq.html#faq2_5

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Fixed, thanks Rickard.

Cleared my cookies, taken the // off and still i cant log in using IE.. firefox works fine, but i hate firefox and most people use IE as default anyway so it would be better for me to have it IE compatible.

Any ideas?

7 (edited by sleeve 2006-05-23 15:18)

also when i try to edit anything with the admin account on firefox i get this message:

Bad HTTP_REFERER. You were referred to this page from an unauthorized source. If the problem persists please make sure that 'Base URL' is correctly set in Admin/Options and that you are visiting the forum by navigating to that URL. More information regarding the referrer check can be found in the PunBB documentation.

the base url is correct...

I have sorted the problem tho by editing my firewall settings... so sorry for the extra post... but i still need help on the ie thing

We need a link to your forums (and preferably a login) to help out.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

yeah, the sites not actually live really, i have some space a friend lent me to mess about with and try to teach myself enough php to get the site to do what i want as aposed to pay someone thousands to do it hehe.

http://www.pixelpopulace.com/nexus/forum/

user punbb
pw   punbb

but its randomly started working for IE logins... even got a friend to test it.. it just started working this afternoon, it wasn't workin this mornin or yesturday. Computers eh?

feel free to come and laugh at me anyway, only been doing the site 2 days and haven't designed a site for years.. tho i did get payed a fair bit for the last one i did.

anyway thanks for your help, i'm sure i will have many more problems i will hassel ya with lol