Topic: Upload your own visual style.

I have a problem reading in some forums, they often use grey or something else instead of real black, my monitor is blurry as it is, and this makes it worse hmm
This forum for example use RGB(51, 51, 51) with the oxygen theme.

So my idea is, why not make it possible to upload your own visual style theme to the forum?

Re: Upload your own visual style.

That's a REALLY un-necessary feature tongue
Just use Firefox with the Web Designer extension (or others, I just know that one happens to have the feature) and you can create an alternate stylesheet  to use wink

I dont think its unnecessary smile
Thanks for the firefox tip though, too bad i use Opera.

Any other opinions? As far as i know no other board has the feature, but i dont see why really.

mhe wrote:

I dont think its unnecessary smile
Thanks for the firefox tip though, too bad i use Opera.

Any other opinions? As far as i know no other board has the feature, but i dont see why really.

So do I, and it's a breeze styling the web page as you'd like smile

If you're using a opera version below Opera 9 TP2, see this link: http://nontroppo.org/wiki/StylingWebPages

In case you're using Opera 9 TP2 ++, just create a .css with the overrides you'd like for a specific site, right-click the page, choose "site preferences", style & browse to the .css you just created smile

I do use 9 TP2, had no idea about that feature, thanks!

Not really sure how the .css file is supposed to look though. Lets say i wanted this forum to look just like it does with the oxygen theme, apart from the standard text color RGB(51, 51, 51) wich i want to be RGB(0, 0, 0), how would i go about doing that?

mhe wrote:

I believe you can link to your own stylesheets in Lussumo Vaniila.

mhe wrote:

Not really sure how the .css file is supposed to look though. Lets say i wanted this forum to look just like it does with the oxygen theme, apart from the standard text color RGB(51, 51, 51) wich i want to be RGB(0, 0, 0), how would i go about doing that?

First, you will want to make sure that you have set the userCSS options correct in Opera (see screen at end of post).

As for the .CSS for a PunBB forum, use something like this:

.pun { color: #000 !important }

Here's the correct settings to use:
http://img480.imageshack.us/img480/108/operacss5qs.jpg
(find that dialogue under view->style->manage modes)

CodeXP wrote:
mhe wrote:

First, you will want to make sure that you have set the userCSS options correct in Opera (see screen at end of post).

As for the .CSS for a PunBB forum, use something like this:

.pun { color: #000 !important }

Here's the correct settings to use:
http://img480.imageshack.us/img480/108/operacss5qs.jpg
(find that dialogue under view->style->manage modes)

Worked like a charm, many thanks CodeXP!

Now i just have to figure out how to change the colors of all the different boards i frequent wink
But i think i can manage that.