Topic: removing border from header

I've got everything installed and have been playing around with the colors, borders, etc...

For the life of me, I cannot find the nessessary html/css to remove the border from the header.  I'm talking about where it's got the menu, slogan, etc.  On my site www.oxtalk.com it would be the border around "OX Talk" at the top.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Re: removing border from header

It's the box wink If you change that in CSS every box on the form will be gone... so it's best to just edit out the box div in main.tpl smile

Okay, well that didn't work.  Between all of the "oxygen" css files, there are a ton of DIV.box classes and for some reason I'm just not seeing the correct one.  I'll remove the style from one DIV.box and it does nothing. 

Could you possibly tell me what file I can find at header box in?  So I can just go in and change <code>div.class="box"</code> to something else?

remove anything that list
border-top,bottom,left,right
example:
oxygen.css and cs.css

.pun TD {BORDER-COLOR: #BBCEDE}
.pun TH {BORDER-COLOR: #D1D1D1}

to this
.pun TD {}
.pun TH {}
or
just rem it out!
/*.pun TD {BORDER-COLOR: #BBCEDE}
.pun TH {BORDER-COLOR: #D1D1D1}*/

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

If you want to remove the border from the whole of the header section using css then thats easy. Just put this in your stylesheet somewhere
#punwrap #brdheader div.box {border: none}

If you just want to remove the border around the logo then it would be simpler to alter the markup as in this case the markup you need is in the template file main.tpl so you can just alter it and then style it however you like. There is a css way of doing it without actually removing the border. You just use a 1px negative margin on the logo container so it overlaps/covers the border

Don't assume that everything you want is in the css file. The stylesheet only uses what the default styles need. You have to add your own stuff if you want to do more than just play about with colours.

NOTE: If you do what Quaker says all that will happen is that the tables will end up with black internal borders.

Paul wrote:

If you want to remove the border from the whole of the header section using css then thats easy. Just put this in your stylesheet somewhere
#punwrap #brdheader div.box {border: none}

If you just want to remove the border around the logo then it would be simpler to alter the markup as in this case the markup you need is in the template file main.tpl so you can just alter it and then style it however you like. There is a css way of doing it without actually removing the border. You just use a 1px negative margin on the logo container so it overlaps/covers the border

Don't assume that everything you want is in the css file. The stylesheet only uses what the default styles need. You have to add your own stuff if you want to do more than just play about with colours.

NOTE: If you do what Quaker says all that will happen is that the tables will end up with black internal borders.

Thank you Paul for your help!  That worked great.  I didn't think about doing that (the obvious answer).  I guess I figured that sence there was already a style making the border, simply creating another style setting the border to none would create a problem somewhere along the lines, maybe not?

I'm not finding the "main.tpl" file.  I was going to check it out so I could see what else is out there that I could alter.  I have my own logo that I'd like to use in place of the text which is there now, and I'm assuming I'm needing that main.tpl file so I can put the image there. 

Thanks again for your help

main.tpl is in the include/template folder.