Topic: Anonymous configuration

Let me say first that I don't know anything about PHP or SQL, I learn by trial and error.

What I want:

Things that I really need:
- First, get rid of the Email when posting as a "Guest". It's completely useless.
- Second, that the Name field defaults as 'Anonymous'.

This is how it should be when a Guest user clicks on Post Reply/New Topic

Things that I really don't need =P:

- Disable lots of things on viewtopic.php if a Guest user is, well, viewing a topic, like: Post, From and Registered fields

So, any help appreciated.

Re: Anonymous configuration

1. Permissions can disable the email
2. I think that you can change that in the language file

3 (edited by Stahn 2006-05-23 02:05)

First, thanks for your reply.

Smartys wrote:

1. Permissions can disable the email

Yes, but doesn't "erases" or "hides" the Email text box.

Smartys wrote:

2. I think that you can change that in the language file

And... what file? Checked post.php but doesn't has anything like an empty field.

I'll repeat what I want: When a Guest user clicks on 'Post Reply', the Name field should be previously filled with the word 'Anonymous'. If they want to delete that and put some other text, it's their option.

Open Post.php and find this:

<label class="conl"><strong><?php echo $lang_post['Guest name'] ?></strong><br /><input type="text" name="req_username" value="<?php if (isset($_POST['req_username'])) echo pun_htmlspecialchars($username); ?>" size="25" maxlength="25" tabindex="<?php echo $cur_index++ ?>" /><br /></label>

change to:

<label class="conl"><strong><?php echo $lang_post['Guest name'] ?></strong><br /><input type="text" name="req_username" value="Anonymous<?php if (isset($_POST['req_username'])) echo pun_htmlspecialchars($username); ?>" size="25" maxlength="25" tabindex="<?php echo $cur_index++ ?>" /><br /></label>

Thanks a lot.
A pretty easy mod, I also deleted everything inside the other <label> tag (with the email text box), tested a little and everything seems to work fine, don't know about the database, though.
I'll try a harder test later.