Re: Easy Profile Fields 1.1.1

Sure, make me admin smile

Catch me on MSN: elbekko [at] gmail [dot] com smile

IMPORTANT UPDATE: In version 1.1.1 install_mod_EPF.php is fixed to have the id column of profile_fields set on auto_increment.
If this is not the case in your version, please do it manually, or you will only be able to add one profile field.

This looks really nice, but I'm having a problem.  I've successfully installed Easy Profile Fields 1.1.1 on PunBB 1.2.12, but for some reason, after I added the 5th field, it stopped working.  Now, I can add more fields, and they even show up in the Admin panel, but I can't see them in my profile.  They do appear in the MySQL database, but they just don't show up in my profile.  I'm probably doing something really n00bish, but maybe you could enlighten me on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

I made it so it only selects the 5 newest fields smile If you want to remove this, remove the LIMIT 5 part from the queries in viewtopic.php and profile.php smile

elbekko wrote:

I made it so it only selects the 5 newest fields smile If you want to remove this, remove the LIMIT 5 part from the queries in viewtopic.php and profile.php smile

Ah, that would explain it.  See, I told you I was likely being n00bish; looks like I was right, lol.  Thanks a bunch for the quick reply.

And now, I have another question.  Is there a way to make one (but not all) of the profile fields be rendered as a <textarea> rather than an <input>?  I'd like to include a field for "short bio," and a <textarea> seems better suited to that.

Thanks in advance.

Well, I don't think I made the profile fields into TEXT fields in the DB.
And to make one a text field... you'd have to do one of these things:
* add a check in profile_fields.php based on field ID
* add an extra TINYINT column for textarea/textbox (1/0)
Second seems best to me, as it doesn't limit it to one field.

I'll certainly take a look at this for the next release, as it's a very interesting suggestion tongue

This doesn't seem to work on 1.2.12 any ideas on when you'll get that done?
Thanks alot.

It works on 1.2.*.
Try following this guide:
http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=10518

Well what seems to be happening to me is, I cannot find

result = $db->query('SELECT u.email, u.title, u.url, u.location, u.use_avatar, u.signature, u.email_setting, u.num_posts, u.registered, u.admin_note, p.id, p.poster AS username, p.poster_id, p.poster_ip, p.poster_email, p.message, p.hide_smilies, p.posted, p.edited, p.edited_by, g.g_id, g.g_user_title, o.user_id AS is_online FROM '.$db->prefix.'posts AS p INNER JOIN '.$db->prefix.'users AS u ON u.id=p.poster_id INNER JOIN '.$db->prefix.'groups AS g ON g.g_id=u.group_id LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'online AS o ON (o.user_id=u.id AND o.user_id!=1 AND o.idle=0) WHERE p.topic_id='.$id.' ORDER BY p.id LIMIT '.$start_from.','.$pun_user['disp_posts'], true) or error('Unable to fetch post info', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error()); // This was made buffered for !! Easy Profile Fields !!

Altho I am kinda new to php I have added other mods onto my forum before. 
My forums www.rodneymullen.net/boards/

Thanks for the fast reply

It's probably because you modified it already. Maybe you can mail me your viewtopic.php and I'll take a look?
Send it to
elbekko [at] gmail [dot] com

36 (edited by w0ts0n 2007-01-21 16:18)

Do you have AIM or MSN? that would be easier.

E-mail sent.

Err, the file you've sent me is from a phpBB installation...

38 (edited by w0ts0n 2007-01-24 00:09)

Hey man.. me again -_-

Is there any way I can limit the amount of letters that can be used? For instance, I have an option "age" but people are putting "18 all the way" Is there any way I can just limit this to 2 characters?

EDIT: In the mysql I'v managed to limit the total amount so for instance if I limit it to 2 it will limit all the feilds to 2 and not just the age.

Nope, sorry.