Topic: Posts in inaccessible forums

Hi !

This is my first report in this section so I hope it will be helpful.

Example description:
Lets say we have one or more forums (sections) that are available just for a special member groups. They are not visible for other users or guests.
Lets say User1 is a member of the special group and he has an access to this hidden sections. He wrote 2 posts only in this special forum.
Now, I'm a guest and I would like to see User1's profile. In the 'User activity' field I can see 'Posts: 2'. So I click on 'Show all posts'. Then I get the following message: 'There are no posts by this user in this forum.'
Of course I shouldn't be able to see his posts as I am not a member of this special group. But... it is not true that 'There are no posts by this user in this forum.' There are posts written by this user, just in a special section that I am not allowed to read. So in my opinion there should be a message saying: 'Some posts written by this user are located in forums that you have no access to.'

Greets,
Prozac

Re: Posts in inaccessible forums

Offhand, I'd guess that it's probably counting all the posts that the guest can read; For User1, this is adding up to zero.

I would call this a feature/mod request, not a bug.

Actually I think I would call it an error in the language file. The simplest anwser would be to change the message to "There are no posts by this user in this forum which you are entitled to view".

Hello buddies !

Thanks for your posts in this conversation.
Well, maybe this is not any serious bug but I thought it would be nice to see it improved.
And sure, it can be done be changing the default language string.

Regards,
Prozac

Greets,
Prozac