Topic: Where you put PHP.INI file in Windows

I am making tool modify PHP.INI for some config, i put it in "c:\windows\" the Windows folder.
Did you all same as me or you put it in another palce like in c:\php for example?

Thanks

If your people come crazy, you will not need to your mind any more.

Re: Where you put PHP.INI file in Windows

I think some people use C:\WINNT\ too. I think I did at one point (I'm not sure, that's when I ended up with 2 php.ini files and wasn't sure which one was right smile ).

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

I put it with the PHP files, my Apache2 config:

# load the PHP 5 module
LoadModule php5_module "C:/usr-bin/PHP/php5apache2.dll"
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

# configure the path to php.ini
PHPIniDir "C:/usr-bin/PHP"

I also have the directory in my Windows path.

pogenwurst wrote:

I think some people use C:\WINNT\ too. I think I did at one point (I'm not sure, that's when I ended up with 2 php.ini files and wasn't sure which one was right smile ).

phpinfo() is useful for figuring that out tongue

Smartys wrote:
pogenwurst wrote:

phpinfo() is useful for figuring that out tongue

Hehe, stupid me, I forgot about that. I never remember how useful phpinfo() is when I most need its help. tongue

Oh well, it was a few months ago anyway.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Well, when I installed Zend Studio for testing it screwed up my PHP and moved php.ini =/ So yeah, I guess phpinfo() can be useful there tongue

elbekko wrote:

Well, when I installed Zend Studio for testing it screwed up my PHP and moved php.ini =/ So yeah, I guess phpinfo() can be useful there tongue

Hmm, the problem I mentioned ocurred when I tried to install Zend Optimizer. A pattern, maybe...?

pogenwurst wrote:

Hmm, the problem I mentioned ocurred when I tried to install Zend Optimizer. A pattern, maybe...?

Might be. This is where phpinfo() said my php.ini is:
C:\Program Files\Zend\ZendPlatform-2.2.0\etc\php.ini

Hmm, every one have a folder, i will make user point to the ini file by him self.

The good thing is i learned new somthing, thank to hcgtv and for all big_smile

# configure the path to php.ini
PHPIniDir "C:/usr-bin/PHP"
If your people come crazy, you will not need to your mind any more.