Topic: Simple one liner change to allow for more customization.

I had to edit admin_options.php to add in google adds at the top of every page. It ~could~ have been done with some sql editing, but having it this way makes more sence to me. Limiting the description of the board to 255 chars meens no extras at the top. Limiting the description to being one line (as an input type="text" field) meens that some javascript will cause errors in some browsers. I suggest making this change to allow the less php/html/sql savey administrators the ability to do the same thing I've done. Although you may want to check the limits of the different sql databases. I believe sqlite has limits to the length of a TEXT value, and possibly other databases have the same thing?

<td>
        <!--<input type="textbox" name="form[board_desc]" size="50" maxlength="255" value="<?php echo pun_htmlspecialchars($pun_config['o_board_desc']) ?>" />-->
        <textarea name="form[board_desc]" rows="6" cols="50"><?php echo pun_htmlspecialchars($pun_config['o_board_desc']) ?></textarea>
        <span>A short description of this bulletin board (shown at the top of every page). This field may contain HTML.</span>
    </td>
echo "deadram"; echo; fortune;

Re: Simple one liner change to allow for more customization.

...Or you could edit main.tpl smile

Meh... Can't edit main.tpl from a remote location (ie: library). And the process is just as long to edit main.tpl as sending an sql command to update the database entry. Announcement message, Additional menu items, and a couple others all have textareas. It should almost follow that ~any~ option that allows html (and subsequently, scripts, media content, etc...) should have the ability to add in newline chars, and have a large text size limit. Again, it's not impossible to edit the templates or database entries to achieve the same result; but it isn't convenient.

Meh... Can't edit main.tpl from a remote location (ie: library)

FTP? SFTP? wink
Personally, I think it makes more sense to edit main.tpl, since you can put the adsense stuff in its own box (and you could even write a PHP file to only show it to certain groups, etc and include that)

I think a better solution would be to not allow html in the board description. I really can't see any pressing need for it. Since the board description is inside a paragraph tag the html is limited to inline elements anyway.

@Smartys Public libraries in my area only have basic web access (no downloading content, 90% of shortcut keys disbled, etc..), so you can't ftp/sftp from them ;.; But I suppose Paul and you are right, board description shouldn't allow any html in it ;p