Topic: sqlite3 support?

Any word on when sqlite3 support will be avalible? I did a quick search of the forums and found a post asking for sqlite3 support from 2005, but nothing since. Anyone out there know what parts of the php code would have to be updated if I coded my own ./include/dblayer/sqlite3.php file? I can migrate the database myself, but need punbb to support sqlite3 for one of the mods I use.

echo "deadram"; echo; fortune;

2 (edited by Smartys 2006-09-11 23:28)

Re: sqlite3 support?

Err, how does SQLite 3 support differ from SQLite support (and I'm talking PunBB, not mods)?

Edit: No, I'm not stalking you, I'm curious tongue

3 (edited by deadram 2006-09-12 00:13)

sqlite (v2.x) != sqlite3 (v3.x)

$ sqlite3 temp.db3 "BEGIN TRANSACTION; CREATE TABLE blah (id INTEGER NOT NULL); COMMIT;"
$ sqlite3 temp.db3 ".dump"
BEGIN TRANSACTION;
CREATE TABLE blah (id INTEGER NOT NULL);
COMMIT;
$ sqlite temp.db3 ".dump"
Unable to open database "temp.db3": file is encrypted or is not a database

sqlite3 adds support for many things that were missing from sqlite, but would slow down sqlite. So you want a fast simple database, use sqlite. You want a kindah fast database with some extras use sqlite3.

EDIT --

Reverse the above; sqlite3 test.db ".dump" on a sqlite db will spit out

BEGIN TRANSACTION;
COMMIT;

Regadless of how much or what kind of data you have in the database.

EDIT --

Well I've managed to get a sqlite3 database to be created... But "CREATE TABLE X(Y);"  never get's commited... even if I call $db->start_transaction() before $db->query() and $db->end_transaction() after the query... This is all done with the install.php script, in a clear punbb install (no mod or databases, etc...).

Anyone one know of an alternative to the php5-sqlite3 mod? I've hurd PDO might work with some effort?

4 (edited by Smartys 2006-09-12 00:13)

Aha
http://us3.php.net/manual/en/ref.pdo-sqlite.php
If you create an appropriate db_layer file, it should be no trouble running PunBB (and maybe Rickard might implement it as an option for people?) smile

lol, your always one step ahead of me smartys big_smile