26 (edited by Meowmeow 2006-09-18 09:52)

Re: I can't upload any avatars in my site

So disgusting... Let me wait for PunBB 1.3. hmm

I think it may be the problem by server because it was fine that my site was hosted in Taiwan.

Welcome to my WoW guild site, the Eternal Reach.

You can also visit Chita, a site built by me, a feral paradise for feline animals.

deadram wrote:

Looks like your right Smartys... you'd have to use cgi Meowmeow, but with the cgi you ~could~ still access all them php objects by calling a php script from the cgi script and setting up the argvs ' with the raw multi-part form data... then the php script to access all them pun variables and functions to complete the upload... ;p

That's the most hack-ish fix I've ever seen tongue
Here's a better fix:

1. Create a folder in /home/www/webs/redcat/cc/chita/ called tmp
2. in /home/www/webs/redcat/cc/chita/, put a .htaccess file with the following data:

php_value upload_tmp_dir "/home/www/webs/redcat/cc/chita/tmp"

There's still the problem. hmm

You can also visit Chita, a site built by me, a feral paradise for feline animals.

Another strange: I installed phpBB 3.0 in the same space, but phpBB 3.0 CAN let me upload avatars.

http://chita.us/newcc/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1

So it isn't the server's problem, it's the problem of PunBB.

30 (edited by deadram 2006-09-18 21:03)

@Smartys My web server doesn't parse .htaccess, I have to do it hackishly tongue

In that case I'm at a loss Meow... phpBB should fail just the same... Unless... what's your "max avatar size" set at? setting it to low will cause problems... or uploading a file that's to big (512Kb to 1Mb for my servr) could cause the stack to run out of room and crash.

EDIT --

I just registered as testyoucandelete and tried to upload a 997 Byte file... hurm... I'm at a loss meow hmm (sorry for the account creation, just wanted to try with a uber small file... you can delete the account if you like)

echo "deadram"; echo; fortune;

31 (edited by Smartys 2006-09-18 23:03)

I'll take a look at how phpBB does it (no, it's not a PunBB issue, it's a PHP issue. However, phpBB obviously found a workaround)

Edit:
OK, lets see
try changing "move_uploaded_file" to "copy" (not the whole function call, just the function you're calling: everything else should stay the same

32 (edited by Meowmeow 2006-09-19 09:41)

The max is "150x150, 51200 bytes", I just updated a 5kB file!

After I tried to change "move_uploaded_file" to "copy", it's still:

The server was unable to save the uploaded file. Please contact the forum administrator at xxxxxxxxx@gmail.com.

I think I have to reinstall PunBB. hmm

33 (edited by Smartys 2006-09-19 10:47)

Reinstalling won't change anything tongue
I'll take another look wink

Edit: Switch it back the way it was
I really have no clue how uploads are handled differently in phpBB, I don't see them changing the tmp dir anyplace. But the issue is with your provider not giving you access, it's not with PunBB wink

But they're in a same database... hmm

35 (edited by Meowmeow 2006-09-19 13:24)

I've reinstalled it, still the problem. hmm

I've found a strange way to solve:

1. Click "Use avatar."
2. Check the member's ID number.
3. Upload xxx.png or others (xxx = ID number).

So embarrasing. hmm

Database has nothing to do with it, it's a PHP setting.
And your fix is essentially doing the upload by hand tongue

I don't know why PunBB isn't fine. hmm

Because open_basedir restrictions on tmp are preventing it from being able to copy the uploaded file tongue

Brilliant host that allows uploads, but then applies open_basedir restrictions on the folder into which files are uploaded roll

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

How can I solve? I'm almost dead. hmm

talk to your host, to allow you to fetch the temp files

Try removing the @ before move_uploaded_file(). You should get a more descriptive error message from PHP. Also, try replacing move_uploaded_file() with copy() as suggested above, but with the @ removed.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:

Try removing the @ before move_uploaded_file(). You should get a more descriptive error message from PHP.

He did, he got this:

Meowmeow wrote:

I've removed @, and here is the error message:

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp/phpuG0pYo) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/www/webs/redcat/cc/chita/) in /home/www/webs/redcat/cc/chita/profile.php on line 365

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp/phpuG0pYo) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/www/webs/redcat/cc/chita/) in /home/www/webs/redcat/cc/chita/profile.php on line 365

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/tmp/phpuG0pYo) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/www/webs/redcat/cc/chita/profile.php on line 365

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpuG0pYo' to 'img/avatars/33.tmp' in /home/www/webs/redcat/cc/chita/profile.php on line 365

Smartys wrote:

He did, he got this:

She she she she she!! roll

I've said, I'm still waiting for his reply, 3 days... sad

Whoops, sorry tongue

So do you have other ways to solve?

... I've said many times, the proble is still alive. sad

disable avatars until the host answers? (at least then the people won't get the error if they try to upload)

(seems like a poor host if you need to wait 3 days for an answer though sad)

Meowmeow wrote:

So do you have other ways to solve?

... I've said many times, the proble is still alive. sad

Try installing the Remote Avatar mod. It'll overwrite your current avatar system tho. If you don't want this, I'll just write another one to work with the current system too smile

Frank H wrote:

disable avatars until the host answers?

I've tried, there's still the problem.

Where's Remote Avatar? I cannot find it at all. hmm

Meowmeow wrote:
Frank H wrote:

disable avatars until the host answers?

I've tried, there's still the problem.

Where's Remote Avatar? I cannot find it at all. hmm

If you disabled avatars, then you can't upload, it will tell you so tongue

And as for the Remote Avatar mod:
http://www.punres.org/files/projects/pr … Readme.txt