Topic: Question about making my modification avalible

Soes I've seen a few tools to make mod install guides and headers... (on windows, but they ~should~ run in wine)

But I'm wondering if anyone has a script to convert a "diff -ur <mymoddedinstall> <cleanPunBB>" to the standard install guide format...

I've got a few mods that traverse like 10 files and 200+ lines... so doing all that manually would be to much work for me ;p Deleting extra lines from a generated install.txt file wouldn't be to hard though big_smile

echo "deadram"; echo; fortune;

Re: Question about making my modification avalible

http://punbb.org/download/contrib/Auto_Readme-1.1.zip
That might work, I've never used it

Not a bad project (even works under wine, on linux), but it's not terribly automated. I've started a perl script to do 90% of the work for me though, and all's I have to do is remove a few extra lines here and there. You need "diff" and a perl environment to run the script, plus it's a couple hundred lines already, so I'll be posting it to my website instead of as a code section. Sorry to yous windows users, but I dony care 'nuff 'bout yous to make it windows compatible (should run fine with cgwyn or whatever that thing is called though; and the may even be a decent port of diff to windows command prompt... no need for cygwn if you can find one).

I wonder... Rickard, how many people hit this site with linux running? only me lol? tongue

4 (edited by deadram 2006-10-01 11:57)

Hookais, it'sall done, and cleaned up a litle... I'mah just put it on punres, since my webserver is gonah be awfully slow for the next few days... (I love my ISP... to bad they ain't gonah get my money anymore!).

Lemme post it and then I'll edit this to set-up a link.

EDIT --

Ok, for people interested in this script it's on punres right now. I've put it under a blessing instead of a licence, I think I can do that, since it's built to help punbb modders, and not built using anything punbb (other then your readme syntax ;p). If it's a biggy I can GPL it, but I'd rather not have to think ;p