Topic: Text Setting Map?

Isn't there any text setting map for the css file? Becaus I'me using an Arabic (RTL) lang-pack. and the font 'arial' is hard to see in the punbb defult text size.

I don't know waht and which to chang, font or size? I see a FontFamily! and don't know which is related to which!

I'm bad at css. what is 'em' and what are the differencec between the tow files for each style?

Can I have some help?

I need to make the whole forum text under the font 'Arial' but increase the font size by a constant degree.

Fahad

فهد

Re: Text Setting Map?

1em is your screen's standard font size, about a space wide I think. You can change your font in the font-family setting wink

em info on wikipedia

http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_reference.asp This is my one stop shop for css information. Has some examples with font too, as far as I can remeber.

echo "deadram"; echo; fortune;

elbekko, thank you for yor enfo. but the font-family in pbb is like a set or a group of fonts e.g. {arial, tahoma, ... }!

deadram, thank you bro, I aso uses that site and it helped me alot too.

فهد

As far as I know, the font-family's first option is always used, unless that font is missing from the client computer. In your css files, just add 'arial' as the first entry. ie:

FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif

to

FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif

Now for the size... Anywhere you see FONT-SIZE: <some number><percent sign, or 'em' or what not> just increase the numbers a bit. ie:

FONT-SIZE: 68.75%

to

FONT-SIZE: 80%

And for em use a smaller increase

FONT-SIZE: 1em

to

FONT-SIZE: 1.5em

px is a pixel mesurement of static size, never use this.
em is a relative size (I ~think~ it's based on the ratio of x to y screen size, along with the average distance to the viewer from the screen). Anyways... em is a better way to write px, it's a polite version.
% is a relative size based on what the inherited size is. 100% meens the same size, 200% meens twice as big, 50% meens half as big.

Anyways, hope my rambling helps big_smile

echo "deadram"; echo; fortune;

You don't need to alter any of the font sizes set in em's since they are all relative to the base font size. You only need to alter the base font size which is 11px for modern browsers and 68.75% for IE. Just change that to 12px for modern browsers and 75% for IE. Everything else will just scale up to match because they are all set in em's.

If you want to know why the font size is in pixels for everything other than IE, its because Firefox/Mozilla is rubbish as calculating dimensions properly if you feed it anything other than pixels.

Thank you all, but is it possible to aply a specific style for each text in the the forum?, like forum's title, catagory's title, post body...ect

فهد

FhdQa wrote:

Thank you all, but is it possible to aply a specific style for each text in the the forum?, like forum's title, catagory's title, post body...ect

Yes, as long as you find the proper CSS selector for each. If you ask specifically for what you want, I'll be glad to help (and I'm sure others will be too), but you may want to read up on CSS as well.

Anyway, for category title you might try

#punindex DIV.blocktable H2 SPAN

and for post body you might try

DIV.postright DIV.postmsg P
Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Thanks alot pogenwurst for you offer, actually every time I go back and read the css file I get more confused! because some times I see each with a different selector like DIV.postright and some times they are in a group I think like H2..

فهد

A very handy thing if you're using Firefox is the Color Picker plugin. It will not only show the colour, but also the type, class and id of the tag you're hovering over wink

11 (edited by FhdQa 2006-10-04 23:23)

Edit (after inventing the elbekko plugin tongue):
INTERESTING! I think thats what exactly neet elbekko but I only found the colorzilla plugin.

فهد

Elbekko plugin? ô.Ô?

Anyway, found out it's actually called COlorZilla nowadays.

Linkeh: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/271/

Thank you elbekko, thats exactly what i found, I'll try it later

فهد

Hey the color picker is nice, I've been using ColorPic but it's nice to have it in the browser for a quick check of things.

elbekko wrote:

A very handy thing if you're using Firefox is the Color Picker plugin. It will not only show the colour, but also the type, class and id of the tag you're hovering over wink

I'm not sure how it compares, but CSSViewer is pretty cool too.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.